IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Will you buy a Motorola Q?
Motorola Q Survey
What is your level of interest in the Motorola Q?
I will buy a Verizon Q now. [ 5 ] ** [26.32%]
I am waiting for a GSM version of the Q. [ 7 ] ** [36.84%]
I am a PPC user, I could care less about the Q. [ 1 ] ** [5.26%]
I love my Smartphone, any version of the Q is of no interest to me. [ 4 ] ** [21.05%]
I have a Q and it is freggin awsome. [ 2 ] ** [10.53%]
Total Votes: 19

abatis
post Jun 3 2006, 03:49 AM
Post #1

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Please vote in our Q survey. If you post a reply below to the topic you will be eligible to win a copy of FeederReader. This poll and giveaway are open to all registered site members. Guests, just register and you can vote and post a reply below.
Attached Image

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jun 3 2006, 04:19 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

There's no option for I already have it and it's freggin awsome. I voted for getting the Q now. And it is awsome. Probably not for everyone, but great for most.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jun 3 2006, 04:25 AM
Post #3

Site Administrator
Group Icon

OK Smeg I added your answer and we know where your vote belongs.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
Gino
post Jun 3 2006, 05:55 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,078
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: Alltel
MP3 Player: Dell DJ

The Q looks so freggin cool! I have Cingular though! ugh... They need a GSM version out!!! I really want it after seeing how excited Smeg was! I want it soooo badly! laugh.gif haha

This post has been edited by Gino: Jun 4 2006, 11:56 PM

+Quote Post
rgrosse
post Jun 3 2006, 11:58 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,190
Phone: Blackjack
PocketPC: Dell

Although I have just upgraded my i730 to WM5 (Verizon build) I think I willl give it a try, at least for 14 days.

--------------------
Main: i730, Verizon
Backup: Dash on Cingular

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jun 4 2006, 01:18 AM
Post #6

Site Administrator
Group Icon

rg,

I am doing the same thing. I like WM5 on the i730 so the Q will have to be good for a switch.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
cortez
post Jun 4 2006, 04:27 AM
Post #7

Mobile Gadget Idol

Member No.: 11
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
PMC: Other

given my past Moto experiences, i'm about as skeptical of Moto's smartphone making ability as anyone. however, from a smartphone perspective, the Q (so far) is working very well. form factor is a big plus, the scroll wheel can be iffy sometimes but it's definitely a plus (could be me getting accustomed to it). the Q is much more responsive that the 200, 220, and the audiovox 5600 that i've used in the past. the sound quality - especially incoming call quality - is much improved. it's on par with the Treo 700w - in my opinion, that device had the best call quality. on the other hand, the keyboard is somewhat cramped for my liking. nonetheless, i'll take it over T9 on other smartphone devices: it's much easier to type.

i have to get used to the "missing" features that are common with my Qtek 9100 and (T-Mo) and my 6700 such as touch screen and the larger keyboard. so far all is well...if at the end of 2 weeks i don't encounter "major" issues, i'll likely purchase the phone since i'm already on VZW (via my company). another compelling factor is that i'll pay $150 for the phone with my VZW corp discount and my company picking up the balance.

for those doing the "14-day" test, i'll be interested to hear your reasons for NOT keeping the phone. I'll be sure to post my thoughts if i send it back.

--------------------
cortez

"...yes, i am a gadget freak!.."
HTC Trinity & Kaiser / AT&T
Black Q / Verizon

+Quote Post
chawks2
post Jun 4 2006, 10:48 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 1,800

MPx200 lasted me 4 years. Lets see the longevity for a change.

+Quote Post
cortez
post Jun 5 2006, 01:14 AM
Post #9

Mobile Gadget Idol

QUOTE (chawks2 @ Jun 4 2006, 05:48 PM) *
MPx200 lasted me 4 years. Lets see the longevity for a change.

..you mean 2+ years, right? the MPx200 was first introduced in 2003. anyway, i still have mine, too. i take it with me when i'm working out,jogging or doing something that puts my other phones at risk. despite its slowness (relative to today's phones) the 200 is a "classic"; it's very professional looking and easy to use. it would have been nice if it had bluetooth.

--------------------
cortez

Black Q / Verizon

+Quote Post
Paris
post Jun 5 2006, 02:30 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 256
Phone: MPx200

QUOTE (cortez @ Jun 4 2006, 08:14 PM) *
..you mean 2+ years, right? the MPx200 was first introduced in 2003. anyway, i still have mine, too. i take it with me when i'm working out,jogging or doing something that puts my other phones at risk. despite its slowness (relative to today's phones) the 200 is a "classic"; it's very professional looking and easy to use. it would have been nice if it had bluetooth.

It'd be nice if it had some reception!! Ever since Cingular took over and ruined everything, my 200 has no reception in San Antonio. Any one know of a side-by-side between the Q and the 700w? I'm getting one of them on my birthday in August, but most importantly, I'm dumping Cingular for Verizon! My eyes are failing me in my old age, so the larger, albeit less sharp screen of the 700w seems like a better choice for us aging baby boomers who are starting to use 2.00+ reading glasses!

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jun 5 2006, 02:59 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

There are a few side by side pics here. I am moving from the 700w to the Q, so I can answer any questions you have about the two.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
cortez
post Jun 5 2006, 03:19 AM
Post #12

Mobile Gadget Idol

QUOTE (Paris @ Jun 4 2006, 09:30 PM) *
It'd be nice if it had some reception!! Ever since Cingular took over and ruined everything, my 200 has no reception in San Antonio. Any one know of a side-by-side between the Q and the 700w? I'm getting one of them on my birthday in August, but most importantly, I'm dumping Cingular for Verizon! My eyes are failing me in my old age, so the larger, albeit less sharp screen of the 700w seems like a better choice for us aging baby boomers who are starting to use 2.00+ reading glasses!

well, coming from a person using 1.50+ reading glasses, i can tell you that 700w will have larger text. the Q will have smaller text, but it's very crisp and (for me) easy to read. i started with the 700w, but the memory issues (32 meg vs 64 meg on the Q) and other phone related issues resulted in me trading it in. some of the problems i had may have been addressed with the recent ROM upgrade. oh yeah, i use my 200 on T-Mobile and have very few reception issues.

--------------------
cortez

Black Q / Verizon

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Jun 5 2006, 10:21 PM
Post #13

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

Where's the "I love my FLIPPIN' Smartphone, any version of the Q is of no interest to me." option? laugh.gif Just speaking in regards to the form factor...the rest of the phone seems very nice. I wear 1.75 reading glasses and have no problem with the 220 screen but the 200's was better. Just that extra .2 made it much easier to read. Looking forward to the 2.2 screen on StarTrek (aka Qtek 8500, Dopod S300).

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:53 PM