Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Posessed 6315
sitbon
post Oct 10 2004, 03:31 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,219

OK - so I'm fed up, and many hours have only proven to frustrate me.

I have to configure my 6315 to check my email every 15 minutes or so (it is a vital function to me), via whatever connection available. I figured it out, and it works great and manages the GPRS/WiFi transitions well. The only problem is that the damn thing won't stay in standby mode - sometimes it'll come on, so I hit the standby button (SPB PocketPlus), and it shuts off only to pop right back on. It took a while to figure out that the auto email checking enabled coincided with the odd behavior, and after turning it off, no problem - even with active GPRS/WiFi. Later, I wanted to be signed in to MSN while I'm on the go... and then it started happening again. It seems that certain types of network activity (during connection and after as well) brings the 6315 to life, and I can't figure out how to fix it.

It's not a screen pop-up/notification issue as I have them turned off (not to mention it's not always an event that does it). It was an issue before SPB was installed, so I think I can safely rule that out although further testing might include removing it.

Has anyone else had this experience, or know how to fix it? I haven't called HP yet - corporate support is always a last resort for me.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Succorso
post Oct 11 2004, 08:12 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 237

I was just about to post this very same question. It's pretty annoying a large waste of battery time for the screen to come on when it checks email. This is one of the few really annoying bugs that I need to fix before the 14 trial period expires.

Anyone ?

Succorso

+Quote Post
sitbon
post Oct 11 2004, 12:37 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 5,219

I talked with someone at t-mobile and they stated the obvious - network activity is not considered to be "background activity" so the 6315 wakes up. The weird thing is that the automatically established network connections, wheter Wi-Fi or GPRS, don't wake it up until they are used. I think this is a programming issue that Microsoft needs to look into...

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Oct 11 2004, 03:10 PM
Post #4

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

Well I have mine set up through T-Mobile so that it gets mail through T-Zones that get downloaded directly to the PPC, that saves me from having outlook check ever so often for new mail. When I get mail the iPAQ wakes up and recieves it, I also have it set to turn off after two minutes so it does just that after getting the new mail. That is the best thing that I have come up with.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:48 PM