drewdog
post Nov 13 2006, 01:04 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,721
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: HTC

i am wondering if there is somewhere on the 8125 to view available networks or does it just try to connect to whatever is available. reason i ask is there are times when there is more than one and i would like to have a choice over which to connect to. still getting used to this thing. but i really think that there should be some way to view and rank network connections preferences.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Nov 13 2006, 11:22 PM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard

Can't help you specifically since I don't have the 8125. But, I thought I'd chime in with what you're asking about is available on the Smartphone version on the settings\connections\wifi settings menu.

All the available signals are listed there. You can't rank them as far as first choice, second, etc. But, you can pick the one you want and connect to from there as well as turn the wifi on/off and a few other things.

One of those other things is to choose which available networks you want to access (all, only device-to-device, and only access points). Maybe you can limit the type you want it to seek out? I have mine set to "all" and get a long list sometimes but it picks mine and connects automatically 'cuz that's the one it has the network key for and can connect to.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Jan 20 2007, 09:55 AM
Post #3

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard

Here's how to view available networks. Go to the Comm Manager then right click on 'settings' then 'wi-fi settings' then left click on 'menu' and lastly select 'network cards'. This will show you all the networks your phone has picked up. You can't rank them but you can filter to just access points or computer-to-computer or, leave it at all available.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:58 PM