> 3125 - Xpress Mail Help
fuel007one
post Oct 24 2006, 04:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,175
Phone: Cingular 3125
Carrier: Alltel

I am continuing to have a problem with XpressMail which I also had with the MPX220:

Office email is run off MS Exchange 2003 SP 2.

When the phone pushes for email by schedule it gets the emails.

When I manually push for emails it will retrieve it perhaps 30% of the time. Most of the time I push for the email it will give error message stating that it cannot connect to desktop client.

I am also getting POP3 emails on my Yahoo Plus and Mac accounts with no problems whatsoever on the manual pushing for the email.

Is there ANYONE who can advise me how to deal with this problem please? Would be MOST appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Oct 24 2006, 06:39 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 7,026
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

If I were you I would stay clear of express mail... I have had nothing but problems with it. I would try hard to get your company to allow syncing to there exchage server OTA...instead of using Express Mail. For your yahoo accounts you can use Yahoo Go! which pushes the email to your phone automatically. As for your other accounts as long as they are pop or SMTP you can use Pocket Outlook...abeit not the best but it does work and at least when you manually pull for the email it works....

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

+Quote Post
fuel007one
post Oct 25 2006, 09:59 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,175
Phone: Cingular 3125
Carrier: Alltel

QUOTE (omega2008 @ Oct 24 2006, 01:39 PM) *
If I were you I would stay clear of express mail... I have had nothing but problems with it. I would try hard to get your company to allow syncing to there exchage server OTA...instead of using Express Mail. For your yahoo accounts you can use Yahoo Go! which pushes the email to your phone automatically. As for your other accounts as long as they are pop or SMTP you can use Pocket Outlook...abeit not the best but it does work and at least when you manually pull for the email it works....

Thanks a bunch Omega. You recommend goodlink on the server or something different please? Thanks again.

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Oct 25 2006, 11:10 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 7,026
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

I am currently using exchange and never had any problems. My emails are always pushed to my device and my contacts, tasks, and calender avents are too. I reccommed it if your company is using an exchange server, ask your IT guy if he has Exchange set up for push based ActiveSync with exchange server. I never used GoodLink but I have heard good things about it. I really can't comment on it.

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:23 AM