IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hard Locked MPX220, I Fixed Mine, Here's How I Did It.
PopTart629
post Jan 27 2007, 08:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,684
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HP iPAQ
MP3 Player: Other

ok check this out. I bought a MPX220 from ebay while ago. it was locked to AT&T. So I contacted Cingular and requested an Unlock Code. They provided it to me via email a few days later.

As you may or may not know you are allowed, by the phone, 5 attempts to correctly enter your unlock code before the phone Hard Locks to the original provider it was programmed for. I enterd mine once, apparently Wrong cuz the phone immediatly hard locked, which eant some other moron had attempted sumthing another 4 times!!

So, Thinking I was screwed, I was getting ready to box my phone up and send it to a company I found on he net that claimed to be able to repair this kind of hard lock when a friend of mine suggested trying to flash it with a differnt ROM Image. The logic was that mabey flashing it would overwrite the lock & I couldnt possibly screw it up worse. so I purchased an AT&T SIM card from ebay and flashed the dam thing and ill be damned but when it was done it booted up and asked me for the unlock code again!! which I VERY CAREFULLY entered and now my phone works flawlessly and unlocked!! tongue.gif tongue.gif

Just thought Id share!!

PopTart629 laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This post has been edited by PopTart629: Jan 27 2007, 08:46 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
v71532
post Dec 11 2007, 04:35 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,011
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: T-Mobile

QUOTE (PopTart629 @ Jan 27 2007, 12:43 AM) *
ok check this out. I bought a MPX220 from ebay while ago. it was locked to AT&T. So I contacted Cingular and requested an Unlock Code. They provided it to me via email a few days later.

As you may or may not know you are allowed, by the phone, 5 attempts to correctly enter your unlock code before the phone Hard Locks to the original provider it was programmed for. I enterd mine once, apparently Wrong cuz the phone immediatly hard locked, which eant some other moron had attempted sumthing another 4 times!!

So, Thinking I was screwed, I was getting ready to box my phone up and send it to a company I found on he net that claimed to be able to repair this kind of hard lock when a friend of mine suggested trying to flash it with a differnt ROM Image. The logic was that mabey flashing it would overwrite the lock & I couldnt possibly screw it up worse. so I purchased an AT&T SIM card from ebay and flashed the dam thing and ill be damned but when it was done it booted up and asked me for the unlock code again!! which I VERY CAREFULLY entered and now my phone works flawlessly and unlocked!! tongue.gif tongue.gif

Just thought Id share!!

PopTart629 laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

how were you able to convice to give you the unlock codes because i have this phone and it is locked and i want to use it on t-mobile!!! how would i get it unlocked for free!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:12 PM