kool_maverik
post Aug 17 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,146
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi,
I recently subscribed to the Unlimited T-Mobile Web plan, for 5.99, and using the settings mentioned on this website, am now connected to the Internet (using a MPX200), and can access pretty much any website. Works like a charm - Thank you!
However I have a question - TMO has a Data Plan for 19.99. What is the difference between that plan and the 5.99 plan?

Also, I am thinking of switching to Cingular since my contract with TMO is up, and I can get the 2125 for free from Amazon if I switch to Cingular smile.gif. Does Cingular have a comparable option to the T-Mo 5.99 plan? All I saw on the Cingular web-site was a limited data plan for 9.99 for 5MB, and unlimited for 19.99. Would 5 MB be enough for intermittent web usage - about 15-30 mins a day?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Aug 17 2006, 06:14 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

The $19.99 T-Mobile plan allows for some more advanced data functions that the $5.99 plan doesn't. It's varied over the years and depending on the individual what can and can't work, but generally speaking if you can do everything you're trying to there's no reason to upgrade to the $19.99 plan. Cingular doesn't have anything like the $5.99 plan, the best they have is the $19.99 one. I wouldn't go with the 5MB plan. You'd go through that in a few days of browsing 1/2 hour a day.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:24 PM