Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PLEASE HELP! I'm stuck!
YOUNGSTARS87
post Jul 19 2006, 10:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,925

Hello everybody,

I was searching through the internet for help and stumbled on this board, I see the members help each other and I too need some help, please help me.

Alright... here I go.

I had a nokia 9500, which eventually broke (from letting people see it then them dropping it...), so now im using one of my girlfriends Razr's (she has many, don't ask.. lol).

I was looking to get a new phone, either the MDA or the Sidekick 3. It is obvious the MDA offers more than the Sidekick 3, except for a few things... your thoughts?? PLEASE!!

The dilema comes because I want a phone like the MDA, BUT T-mobile offers a more expensive service than with the Sidekick 3. So it's like they are in-directly forcing me to get a sidekick 3. Is there any possible way I can get the 20 dollar unlimited service and use a MDA or another smart/pda phone? If I can't what else can I do????? I wan the internet and texts so??

Please help me out!!! Explain in detail.....

Also, I have heard complaints about the MDA being slow.... is there a better alternative around the same price?

PLEASE HELP....

Thanks ALOT!!!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jul 19 2006, 11:07 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

I just ran the T-Mobile service configuration for my area (Denver, CO) selecting the MDA. The best I could do with a phone plan (even basic) was the $29.99 data plan. T-mobile has apparently raised their data rates. The $19.99 plan was a good deal.

Are you looking to buy both a phone line and data? If so it looks like $29.99 for full data.

The MDA is a nice device and has many features you will not have with the SideLick.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
YOUNGSTARS87
post Jul 19 2006, 11:29 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (abatis @ Jul 19 2006, 11:07 PM) *
I just ran the T-Mobile service configuration for my area (Denver, CO) selecting the MDA. The best I could do with a phone plan (even basic) was the $29.99 data plan. T-mobile has apparently raised their data rates. The $19.99 plan was a good deal.

Are you looking to buy both a phone line and date? If so it looks like $29.99 for full data.

The MDA is a nice device and has many features you will not have with the SideLick.

I'm just looking for: Unlimited text messages and unlimited internet, I don't need e-mail addresses. I don't need a phone line and date... (confused what that is).

Right now I have the 39.99, 1000 minutes (free nights and weekends), plus 15 dollars for unlimited text messages...

PLEASE HELP!!!

Is it true the MDA freezes alot? Is it true that it is really slow? Is there an alternative that is like it but better?

+Quote Post
YOUNGSTARS87
post Jul 19 2006, 11:31 PM
Post #4

Also is there a way to use the Sidekick data plan on a MDA or another smart/pda phone????

Can someone test it out?

+Quote Post
The Undude
post Jul 20 2006, 12:37 AM
Post #5

Mobile Gadget Master
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 8,857
Phone: SMT5600
Carrier: Alltel

QUOTE (YOUNGSTARS87 @ Jul 19 2006, 06:52 PM) *
Hello everybody,

I was searching through the internet for help and stumbled on this board, I see the members help each other and I too need some help, please help me.

Alright... here I go.
I had a nokia 9500, which eventually broke (from letting people see it then them dropping it...), so now im using one of my girlfriends Razr's (she has many, don't ask.. lol).

I was looking to get a new phone, either the MDA or the Sidekick 3. It is obvious the MDA offers more than the Sidekick 3, except for a few things... your thoughts?? PLEASE!!

The dilema comes because I want a phone like the MDA, BUT T-mobile offers a more expensive service than with the Sidekick 3. So it's like they are in-directly forcing me to get a sidekick 3. Is there any possible way I can get the 20 dollar unlimited service and use a MDA or another smart/pda phone? If I can't what else can I do????? I wan the internet and texts so??

Please help me out!!! Explain in detail.....

Also, I have heard complaints about the MDA being slow.... is there a better alternative around the same price?
PLEASE HELP....

Thanks ALOT!!!!

Check out this link for some more info on the MDA: http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/index.php?showforum=66

I've not read anything aboutthe MDA freezing up.

With the MDA you will be able to:

- make calls
- use a cool Bluetooth earpiece for hands free calling
- use your same phone most places in the world
- do SMS
- surf the internet (Google Earth dude!)
- use wifi for very fast internet surfing (you lucky dog!) or sending files to/from networks
- receive e-mail from your personal (yahoo, hotmail etc) and work accounts
- store outlook contacts & synchronize
- store and synchronize all your outlook appointments
- do Internet Messenger
- take pictures and have a Photo Album
- take movies
- store 2 Gig of MP3s (stored on a separately purchased miniSD rthat you can pop into the phone)
- store DVD's - yes, whole movies if you get into it. (on that storage card)
- add programs like ona PC that can help you with what's important to you

I hope that helps...

--------------------
Hey! Want to Post? Have a Question?
Click here to Register and Join Mobile Gadget News

+Quote Post
YOUNGSTARS87
post Jul 20 2006, 12:48 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (The Undude @ Jul 20 2006, 12:37 AM) *
Check out this link for some more info on the MDA: http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/index.php?showforum=66

I've not read anything aboutthe MDA freezing up.

With the MDA you will be able to:

- make calls
- use a cool Bluetooth earpiece for hands free calling
- use your same phone most places in the world
- do SMS
- surf the internet (Google Earth dude!)
- use wifi for very fast internet surfing (you lucky dog!) or sending files to/from networks
- receive e-mail from your personal (yahoo, hotmail etc) and work accounts
- store outlook contacts & synchronize
- store and synchronize all your outlook appointments
- do Internet Messenger
- take pictures and have a Photo Album
- take movies
- store 2 Gig of MP3s (stored on a separately purchased miniSD rthat you can pop into the phone)
- store DVD's - yes, whole movies if you get into it. (on that storage card)
- add programs like ona PC that can help you with what's important to you

I hope that helps...

Okay...... thanks!

For me to use the internet what do I do?? Can I get the unlimited sidekick plan?? Will that plan work with a MDA??

I heard a rumor about using T-Zones.... how does that work?? Please somebody help me out with the plan options!!

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jul 20 2006, 03:02 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

You could use the $19.99 Blackberry plan with the MDA. The Sidekick plan wouldn't work, but the BB one would. You would just have to change the data settings to use wap.voicestream.com instead of internet2.voicestream.com for the access point.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
YOUNGSTARS87
post Jul 20 2006, 04:48 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jul 20 2006, 03:02 AM) *
You could use the $19.99 Blackberry plan with the MDA. The Sidekick plan wouldn't work, but the BB one would. You would just have to change the data settings to use wap.voicestream.com instead of internet2.voicestream.com for the access point.

What is the difference from the blackberry plan and the unlimited sidekick plan?? How do I use the T-zone thing?? Which one is better blackberry plan or using T-zones??

Please help smeg36!!

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jul 20 2006, 05:12 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

There's something about the ports the Sidekick uses that makes it unusable with Windows Mobile devices whereas the BB plan does work. The BB plan will allow you to access more web features than T-Zones, but if you only plan on doing basic browsing T-Zones is cheaper. I'm not sure about setting up the T-Zones plan on a PPC though because you have to set up proxy connections. It should work though.

--------------------

+Quote Post
YOUNGSTARS87
post Jul 20 2006, 02:38 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jul 20 2006, 05:12 AM) *
There's something about the ports the Sidekick uses that makes it unusable with Windows Mobile devices whereas the BB plan does work. The BB plan will allow you to access more web features than T-Zones, but if you only plan on doing basic browsing T-Zones is cheaper. I'm not sure about setting up the T-Zones plan on a PPC though because you have to set up proxy connections. It should work though.

When you say basic browsing what do you mean? I just want to be able to IM using msn or yahoo, also want to check actual web pages.

So which one would work with the MDA?

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jul 20 2006, 03:50 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

T-Zones should work for that if you can configure it properly. The $19.99 plan would allow for more advanced web features like streaming video and audio, checking an Exchange server, etc. It's been so long since I had T-Zones I'm not really sure what exactly you can't access on it anymore. But there are some things that the more expensive plan can do that the T-Zones plan can't. Try out the T-Zones, and if it can't do all you want, switch up to the BB plan.

--------------------

+Quote Post
YOUNGSTARS87
post Jul 20 2006, 05:29 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jul 20 2006, 03:50 PM) *
T-Zones should work for that if you can configure it properly. The $19.99 plan would allow for more advanced web features like streaming video and audio, checking an Exchange server, etc. It's been so long since I had T-Zones I'm not really sure what exactly you can't access on it anymore. But there are some things that the more expensive plan can do that the T-Zones plan can't. Try out the T-Zones, and if it can't do all you want, switch up to the BB plan.

Thanks! I went on the internet and noticed the blackberry plan is 29.99, how do I get it for 20? Also does the blackberry plan include text messaging??

If not how do I combine it all text messaging and internet?

Another question, how do I get the T-zones thing to work for accessing espn.com, myspace.com, etc...

Basically how do you get it to work like that...

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jul 20 2006, 05:41 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

No, it doesn't include SMS. You'll have to add that seperately. You'd need to get the Blackberry Unlimited Add-On, which would cost $19.99.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:44 AM