Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Goodlink On 3125 Fonts To Small, Big difference from 2125 to 3125
mmorrismm
post Oct 14 2006, 04:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,088

Has anyone used the new 3125 with Goodlink wireless email? I administer our mobility for our company and have been evaluating the 3125 for the replacement for our 2125 and for those that want a flip smartphone. All I can say is the fonts aree way to small to read. Has anyone else experienced this? I compared to the 2125 and even with the fonts turned to the largest setting it still dwarfs the medium settgin from the 2125 by 2 times.

The issue is Good uses it's own application and does not use the system fonts. I am not sure if this is a Good, Microsoft, or Phoe issue. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark unsure.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fuel007one
post Oct 16 2006, 05:19 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 10,175
Phone: Cingular 3125
Carrier: Alltel

QUOTE (mmorrismm @ Oct 14 2006, 11:23 AM) *
Has anyone used the new 3125 with Goodlink wireless email? I administer our mobility for our company and have been evaluating the 3125 for the replacement for our 2125 and for those that want a flip smartphone. All I can say is the fonts aree way to small to read. Has anyone else experienced this? I compared to the 2125 and even with the fonts turned to the largest setting it still dwarfs the medium settgin from the 2125 by 2 times.

The issue is Good uses it's own application and does not use the system fonts. I am not sure if this is a Good, Microsoft, or Phoe issue. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark unsure.gif

I have not used Goodlink yet but rather using Xpressmail and am not all that satisfied with the latter. It will get the emails out but at times it seems to go on the blink not allowing a sync on demand from the phone ("cannot connect to the desktop client"). I am looking for something more reliable and one was goodlink. This is the first I've heard of a font issue with Goodlink.

+Quote Post
buzz88
post Oct 17 2006, 01:00 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,568
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen

QUOTE (mmorrismm @ Oct 14 2006, 11:23 AM) *

Thanks,
Mark unsure.gif

Hey I use GoodLink too and a couple execs at my company have complained about this. I just pinged 'support@good.com' and they replied back recognizing that the small fonts are a known bug. They didn't comment on whether it was their fault or if it was a ROM issue but apparently the fix will be available in a new client rev due out by the end of this month. I assume this is something that I can just push remotely just y checking the new version in the console???? I asked for a better ETA from support but no response yet.

+Quote Post
rudolph
post Oct 17 2006, 01:34 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 13,569

QUOTE (mmorrismm @ Oct 14 2006, 04:23 PM) *

Thanks,
Mark unsure.gif

Hi - the font size for the Cingular 3125 will be increased in the Good Mobile Messaging (formerly GoodLink) 4.9.2 release. Version 4.9.2 is due out at the end of OCT06 or ealy NOV06.

+Quote Post
mmorrismm
post Oct 19 2006, 08:57 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 1,088

QUOTE (rudolph @ Oct 16 2006, 05:34 PM) *
Hi - the font size for the Cingular 3125 will be increased in the Good Mobile Messaging (formerly GoodLink) 4.9.2 release. Version 4.9.2 is due out at the end of OCT06 or ealy NOV06.

Yep, today I received a reply from my Cingular rep and they acknowledge a problem that will be fixed in a Maintenance Release. They did not specify if it was OS/Manfuafacture/or Good. I am thinking form the replies it would be a Good patch.

+Quote Post
clmgostate
post Nov 8 2006, 09:35 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 300

Does anyone have any updates on the 4.9.2 release? When will this be available? How will this be installed? Will be an OTA update?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:15 AM