IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> answer mode, both open flip and press external rewind?
runningtiger
post Oct 18 2006, 09:07 AM
Post #21

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

I don't have a 3125 (yet wink.gif ) so I haven't been to other forums to read much about the phone. Your post was the first I'd seen that gave me pause! Hopefully, for you, third time is a charm! I had a similar problem as your #2 3125 but with my MPx220. Finally, being brave enough to flash the ROM fixed it...since it wasn't exchangeable like yours. Thanks for the info!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xeno
post Oct 18 2006, 07:01 PM
Post #22

Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,190
Phone: Cingular 8525

QUOTE (runningtiger @ Oct 16 2006, 05:54 PM) *
Sprite Backup will let you make a backup (or, many backups) and then if you want to "undo" something you can just restore your phone to a prior backup before you did the thing you want undone. It works great and gets many positive comments on these boards. Check them out here: http://www.spritesoftware.com/

I only have 6,200 KB of memory left. Do you know howmuch Sprite uses?

--------------------
Cingular 3125, MPX 220 1.43

+Quote Post
Xeno
post Oct 18 2006, 07:09 PM
Post #23

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (Xeno @ Oct 17 2006, 07:27 AM) *
If I do a hard reset or get the volume working or do an exchange, I will buy Sprite and go from there.
BTW, if a hard reset doesn't work and I do an exchange will then send me a new phone or will it be refurbished?

The hard reset did not work nor did exchanging my phone for another one. Very disappointed since it once worked on the first device until I tried a suggested modification.

I originally learned about this feature from a post (elsewhere) on 9/20 where the HTC faq was quoted. I don't know if they have changed the faq since then but when you go to http://www.america.htc.com/support/cingular_3125_FAQs.html here what you are told:
How can I answer an incoming call without opening the handset?
Press the left (rewind) key on the outside of the phone. This is especially useful if you are using a wired headset.

As we have all noticed, the sound is comone from the earpiece. When I asked a Cingular store rep what to do, he said ask those who posted and said it worked for them to see if they got them from a particular location. The rep called his super who in turn contacted HTC who said they did not expect rewind to activate the speakerphone.
So I'll just have to wait to see if this is added in a future ROM update or some third party software.

--------------------

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Oct 18 2006, 08:06 PM
Post #24

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Drag. I agree with the Cingular store rep, go back to "elsewhere" and try getting whoever has done it to help you.

BTW, it's OK to say where you got the info and to post a link to the thread. It'll help others know what you know if they're interested.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
Xeno
post Oct 18 2006, 09:16 PM
Post #25

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (runningtiger @ Oct 18 2006, 03:06 PM) *
Drag. I agree with the Cingular store rep, go back to "elsewhere" and try getting whoever has done it to help you?

BTW, it's OK to say where you got the info and to post a link to the thread. It'll help others know what you know if they're interested.

The elsewhere was the Cingular/HTC forum on the Cingular web. I thought rules prohibited such outside links. Sorry. Here's the link to the original discussion: http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board/messa...d=123947#M18163

I've sent these folk PMs and no response from any of the primary three.

Runningtiger, did you see my query (above) about having enough memory to run Sprite?

This post has been edited by Xeno: Oct 18 2006, 09:19 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Oct 19 2006, 02:49 AM
Post #26

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

We have no problems at all with outside links as long as they are relevant to the topic, and will be helpful for others. We are all about helping others and others helping others wink.gif

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Oct 19 2006, 09:31 AM
Post #27

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

QUOTE (Xeno @ Oct 18 2006, 02:16 PM) *
Runningtiger, did you see my query (above) about having enough memory to run Sprite?
No. Sorry, I missed that. Here you go...

After a hard reset, my device said:
26,676 KB free memory before loading Sprite onto my device
26,280 KB free memory after loading Sprite onto my device

--------------------

+Quote Post
fowen
post Nov 2 2006, 02:50 PM
Post #28

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 591
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: None

This might help you guys but I am not 100% sure. Maybe it will give you some more info to find the proper registry key.

Using Microsoft Voice Commander on the 3125 the "Announce" feature also has the same issue. When the phone is closed it broatcasts on the internal speaker. For me this is perfect because I don't want everyone in the world to know who is calling me but for others it was a PITA.

If you look here - http://www.howardforums.com/showpost.php?p...mp;postcount=84 you will see some instructions on how to make MSVC broadcast on the external speaker.

I am not sure if this will help or not but figured I would post the information anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Xeno
post Nov 2 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #29

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (fowen @ Nov 2 2006, 09:50 AM) *
This might help you guys but I am not 100% sure. Maybe it will give you some more info to find the proper registry key.

Using Microsoft Voice Commander on the 3125 the "Announce" feature also has the same issue. When the phone is closed it broatcasts on the internal speaker. For me this is perfect because I don't want everyone in the world to know who is calling me but for others it was a PITA.

If you look here - http://www.howardforums.com/showpost.php?p...mp;postcount=84 you will see some instructions on how to make MSVC broadcast on the external speaker.

I am not sure if this will help or not but figured I would post the information anyway.

Thanks Fowen. I can see how the hack would improve sound as you describe it. However, I don't know enough about smartphones to know if it would address my original question that started this thread.

I have given up on the idea of being able to do both modes since the registry hack that I picked up from the Cingular forum made me loose the speakerphone when I answered with the rewind key. That is, when I had the answer mode set to "any key" and the phone answered with the external key it gave me the normal speakerphone volume. Now after the hack to get both modes to work, I can't get back to the "rewind speakerphone" feature that I liked and the same is true of the replacement phone that I now have.

I originally got this idea about the "rewind speakerphone" from someone who quoted the the HTC faq. I don't know what the HTC faq said back in Sept when they posted this in the Cingular web, but now all the HTC faq promises is that the rewind key helps if you are using wired headsets. Well I don't wear those all the time, although I do put them on when I make a long distance call that will not be brief.

This post has been edited by Xeno: Nov 2 2006, 03:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:02 AM