post Sep 17 2006, 12:08 PM
Post #1

Site Administrator

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,609
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HTC

Has anyone discovered the secret to moving the program icons yet on the Star Trek? They are all system files so the OS will not easily let you arrange them into folders or delete them. Has anyone figured out how to get around that?

--------------------
Jim Cleek (Slacker)
Editor / Administrator
Mobile Gadget News

My Gadgets
iPhone 3GS
HTC TyTN II
HTC Wizard
HTC Touch Dual
Motorola MPX220
Motorola MPX200
HP Ipaq 5550
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Sep 17 2006, 12:11 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

That is very annoying indeed. Had the same problem with the Motorola Q. I did the application unlock registry method found here and you should be able to move them around.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Sep 17 2006, 03:25 PM
Post #3

Site Administrator

Member No.: 1,609
Carrier: T-Mobile

That got it. Bought this for my wife for our anniversary. She has been bugging me for a flip phone since I dumped our MPx220's. Thanks SMEG!

--------------------
Jim Cleek (Slacker)
Editor / Administrator
Mobile Gadget News

My Gadgets
iPhone 3GS
HTC TyTN II
HTC Wizard
HTC Touch Dual
Motorola MPX220
Motorola MPX200
HP Ipaq 5550

+Quote Post
JNDRAD
post Oct 2 2006, 10:22 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 12,350
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: HP iPAQ

tongue.gif
QUOTE (Slacker @ Sep 17 2006, 08:08 AM) *
Has anyone discovered the secret to moving the program icons yet on the Star Trek? They are all system files so the OS will not easily let you arrange them into folders or delete them. Has anyone figured out how to get around that?

i found "abstract start" google it,,its free and does all that good stuff----anyone know how to get rid of or change the startup and shut down screens...[i][size=2]

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Oct 3 2006, 07:06 AM
Post #5

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

You can find the start up and shutdown screens in the registry in the following location "HK_L_M > SOFTWARE > HTC > Startup > image" and in "HK_L_M > SOFTWARE > HTC > Shutdown > image". Place the images you want for each on your phone, note the names and location (on the phone), then just have the value data point to that location of the screen you choose for each. I am personally using PHM Registry Edit on my phone. This is where you can also change or kill the startup and shutdown sounds.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Oct 4 2006, 08:41 AM
Post #6

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486

QUOTE (JNDRAD @ Oct 2 2006, 03:22 PM) *
i found "abstract start" google it,,its free and does all that good stuff----anyone know how to get rid of or change the startup and shut down screens...[i][size=2]
Also, gSTART is a good FREE icon start menu app (and other related fun stuff) for use on the 220 (JNDRAD's phone). Both of these programs would be redundant (and take up precious memory) on the 3125 though. It's already running wm5 which has the icon start menu built in.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
JNDRAD
post Oct 12 2006, 06:25 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 12,350
PocketPC: HP iPAQ

unsure.gif
QUOTE (GrYph0n @ Oct 3 2006, 03:06 AM) *
You can find the start up and shutdown screens in the registry in the following location "HK_L_M > SOFTWARE > HTC > Startup > image" and in "HK_L_M > SOFTWARE > HTC > Shutdown > image". Place the images you want for each on your phone, note the names and location (on the phone), then just have the value data point to that location of the screen you choose for each. I am personally using PHM Registry Edit on my phone. This is where you can also change or kill the startup and shutdown sounds.

i followed your instructions, entered /application data/home/flag--this is a picture of american flag--rebooted, no change in screen, although data value fields held the change i put in ? unsure.gif unsure.gif

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Oct 12 2006, 08:21 PM
Post #8

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

JNDRAD - I think there is a little confusion here as this is the 3125/Star Trek forum and you have the MPx220. Gryphons instructions are for the Cingular 3125.

Here's the instructions I have for changing startup and shutdown screens on the 220...

Change the phones Start Up and Shut Down screen images:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Splash Screen\

Take note of these three keys: CarrierBitmap (Cingular_PowerUp.gif), CarrierShutdownBitmap (Cingular_PowerDown.gif), MSBitmap (Cingular_PowerDown.gif) (the image names in () are the images I used on my phone)

In the Value Data field in each key type in the directory to where the image you want to use.

Example:
Value Data: \Windows\ms_splash.gif

Another example...on my 220 I've stored the images I want to use on my storage card as follows:

mine= \Storage Card\My Documents\Cingular_PowerUp.gif
\Storage Card\My Documents\Cingular_PowerDown.gif

Good luck!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
bandis
post Oct 19 2006, 07:03 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 13,580
Phone: Cingular 8525
PMC: Other
Google Talk ID: dbandi

Here is the simple way for windows guys. From Windows Explorer, Open the "Mobile.." folder. Then open the Mobile contents, then go to the WINDOWS folder. Here U will find the "Start Menu" folder. Now U could move the icons around or create a folder if u like. I have done this and its awesome. You should be in Windows XP with sync 4.2. You cannot do it in sync 4.5, its been disabled.

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Oct 19 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

That way is much more simple than trying to use the File Explorer on your phone. However with certain phones, like the Q and the 3125, you'll still have to perform the regedit posted above before doing that.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
KTM Tony
post Jan 3 2007, 09:53 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 14,040
PocketPC: None

Ok, I did the unlock thing and I think thats working. smile.gif I can move the start menu icons around, but I can't figure out how to arrange them so that my fav. 9 will show up when I hit the start button or am i missing something.
Thanks,

--------------------
Tony

Mpx220 1gig minSD, 3125 2gig microSD, LG cu500 2 gig microSD

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Jan 4 2007, 10:42 AM
Post #12

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Here's the reg edit that allows what I think it is you're asking for:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shell\StartMenu\Order]

The original on my 3125 looked like this:
StarTrek Original:
Cingular Music.lnk
Messaging.lnk
Calendar.lnk
Cingular Mall
MEdia Net.lnk
Internet Explorer.lnk
ActiveSync.lnk
Contacts.lnk
Settings.lnk
Games
Tasks.lnk
Voice Notes.lnk
Windows Media.lnk
Video Recorder.lnk
Pictures & Videos.lnk
Pocket MSN.lnk

I changed it to look like this:
Messaging.lnk
Contacts.lnk
Calendar.lnk
Games
Accessories
MIDlet Manager.lnk
Task Manager.lnk
Internet
Utilities

(if it's not a .lnk, then it's a folder)

I think you can force the order of the first 16 however you want it to be. But, from 17 on they are listed randomly. However, don't quote me on that. That's just something floating around the back of my brain at the moment. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:02 PM