BOSTON (Nov. 18, 2010) — Nothing says “Happy Holidays” to air travelers like long security lines, overbooked flights, tarmac delays and baggage fees. With more than 24 million air travelers expected over the Thanksgiving holiday week alone, fast access to FlightView’s real-time flight information from your iPhone, Android or BlackBerry could be the key to reaching your destination in time for the turkey.
Here’s a look at FlightView’s third annual Top 10 Tips for easier travel:
1. Monitor connecting flights. Check the status of connecting flights prior to getting off the plane with FlightView’s mobile flight tracking apps.
2. Pack light. Many airlines have instituted baggage fees for checked bags and even carry-on luggage – with limits on weight and dimensions.
3. Be smart about parking. Just like checking flight details, travelers should check airport parking availability and pricing at FlightView.com before leaving for the airport
4. Arrive early. Plan extra time for airport check-in and security screening procedures.
5. Share travel information to keep friends and family informed. FlightView’s apps let users share trip information through text, email and social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
6. Bring a snack. Shorter flights rarely offer food or refreshments.
7. Be organized. FlightView’s travel apps integrate with smartphone calendars. Users can also insert notes, add other reservation information and group multiple flights into a single trip itinerary.
8. Scout the airport. When traveling with family and children, mobile users can learn about airport amenities before landing – including food, entertainment and terminal maps – with one of many available airport guide apps.
9. Sit back and relax. FlightView’s app alerts travelers to flight status changes, delays, cancelations and gate changes in real time.
10. Move fast if flight cancellations occur. Millions of travelers mean stiff competition for seats. FlightView’s alternate flight information and quick access to airline phone numbers put users at the front of the rebooking line.
“No one wants to spend the holidays stuck at the airport for hours,” said Mike Benjamin, CEO of FlightView. “Access to real-time flight, parking and airport information empowers travelers to make better, faster decisions that help them reach their destination easier.”
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler
Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon