4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Latest Motorola Firmware? BEN6-0650-034
cyberjack
post Apr 27 2004, 04:39 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,971

What is the latest firmware for the MPX200, looking at the numbers this seems to be the latest firmware because of the highest number : BEN-6-0733-058.img ?

No it ain't.

Syntax of the Releases:

BEN = Beethoven, this is the internal name of the MPX
6 = I don't know wink.gif
0733 = Software Version, the higher, the newer
058 = Provider Version

e.g. 049 is Mobilkom Austria or 045 is Connect Austria

Jack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
redetogo
post Apr 28 2004, 05:54 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 2,022

I have (BEN6-0630-012.img) whatever that means. worked fine for me but i would still like to know what is different about them.

+Quote Post
mariusg
post Apr 28 2004, 04:53 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 2,832

cyberjack,
BEN6 means Bethovens's 6 ???
And what about the last digits? You say it is the provider version. This gives that any version you flash is 'branded' to some provider???

redetogo,
what do you mean by 'worked fine for me'? What problems did you solve by flashing this BEN6-0630-01.img???

+Quote Post
redetogo
post Apr 29 2004, 12:19 AM
Post #24

By flashing the phone with the firmware it took out all carrier branding,added mms software,camera software,photo software,and also added triband. I can not really tell if it is any faster or not, but there is an mpx tweak for this which works very well. The BEN file i used by the way was (BEN6-0630-12.img) Im running the mpx200 sim unlocked,apps unlocked on Cingular in the USA. Was on ATT<< not anymore. LOL biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
mariusg
post Apr 29 2004, 10:12 AM
Post #25

redetogo,

so you had a ATT-locked phone and you can use it now with a non-ATT SIM. Good. What about 900MHz? As far as I know, there's no 900 MHz provider in US, so are you sure the firmware upgrade did provide triband?
(sorry to bother you, but I bought one MPX200-ATT phone from eBay, and I want to be absolutely sure that the BEN6-0630-12.img will enable triband)

TIA,

+Quote Post
Nikolay
post Apr 29 2004, 02:35 PM
Post #26

Member No.: 1,608

I had 650-035 on my phone and was experiencing some problems, especially with phone losing registration to the network after some inactivity time. I wanted to try some newer firmware, but was unable to find one. So, today I downgraded the phone to 630-012. It works andIt is on 900MHz only network. My first impressions are of some faster reactions of the phone - during menu navigation and especially when establishing GPRS connections.

+Quote Post
mariusg
post Apr 29 2004, 03:07 PM
Post #27

Nikolay,
you say that after flashing the phone works only on 900Mhz??? What about SIM-locking? Your phone was locked to a specific provider SIM, and now you can use it with other SIM?

+Quote Post
Nikolay
post Apr 29 2004, 03:43 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 1,608

Oh, no. The network I am on is 900 MHz only - so I am sure that the phone uses the 900Mhz band. In the menu the usual 900/1800 and 1900 bands appear. The phone was not locked to start with - it was a generic (not operator branded or modified phone).

What I have read - on this and other sites - but have not confirmed myself - is that some (or may be all) ATT branded phones are also hardware tweaked and despite the generic software don't work at all ot work not reliably on 900MHz. Also, that operator locking has nothing to do with firmware - the lock status is preserved after firmware change. But as I said, those things I have only read and I cannot be 100% sure.

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Apr 29 2004, 03:50 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

mariusq, don't get confused. Flashing the phone does NOTHING to the SIM-lock. You have to get a completely different thing to SIM-Unlock your phone, a unlock code that will be unique to your phone only. There are a couple different services out there that will do this, such as http://www.imei-check.co.uk/.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
mariusg
post Apr 29 2004, 05:26 PM
Post #30

smeg36,
still confused :-(
where is the SIM-lock code? Isn't it stored somewhere in the phone's ROM (aka firmware)? or does this phone (smartphone/windows phone) have 2 ROMs: one for the phone and one for the windows software? i heared about http://www.imei-check.co.uk but I am unclear about how do they remotely unlock the SIM-lock. i mean they do send in return of IMEI a code to be typed in or a program that should be run on the phone? and what does this code/program do?
please bear with me. i'm a newbie. at least in smartphones.

+Quote Post
huckfinn
post Apr 29 2004, 06:32 PM
Post #31

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 2,780
Phone: Motorola Q
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: Other

The unlock code is separate from the firmware. From my experience, whatever service you use to unlock your phone will ask for your IMEI number (*#06#) and some ammount of money. In return they will send you an unlock code. The thing is that you will need to have a different vendors SIM card inorder to enter this code. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this. Once you put the other SIM card in and power the phone up, it will ask you for the SUBSDY Unlock code. Enter the code you were given and your phone will then be unlocked - for good. Swapping FW will not change this, once your phone is unlocked it stays unlocked.

--------------------
-HuckFinn

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Apr 29 2004, 06:39 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

huckfinn is correct. The SIM-Lock is completely seperate from any firmware. You get a code, and when a foreign SIM is placed in the phone, it allows you to enter a code to use that SIM card.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
redetogo
post Apr 29 2004, 07:25 PM
Post #33

mariusq,

Sims card locked or unlocked has nothing to do with the firmware.
As (smeq36) said a good place to do this is www.imei-check.co.uk, I had mine unlocked there, it took five to ten minutes and no longer. Cost was
like $35 US dollars. its very simple just go to the site and follow what is say to do and you will be fine.

Second, As for as triband goes these are the two i have to choose from.
1900 and 900/1800 as you can see the 900 and 1800 are together.
I have tried both and they work fine for me, but i just stay on auto. Hope this helps.

+Quote Post
mariusg
post Apr 30 2004, 05:07 PM
Post #34

Since 2*900 = 1800, this is normal. (I mean the 900/1800 selection in the menu).
This also make me belive that indeed firmware upgrade 'unlocks' the 900MHz band.

+Quote Post
JOEJOETHEJOEY
post May 1 2004, 02:42 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 978

I'm currently using a UK Orange branded phone with SIM unlock using a Vodafone SIM card.

I'm not having many problems, so will a new firmware improve any functions? Is it worth updating?

Thanks.

+Quote Post
khalil
post May 4 2004, 01:15 AM
Post #36

Member No.: 1,481

I'm currently using a UK Orange branded phone with SIM unlock using a Vodafone SIM card.

I'm not having many problems, so will a new firmware improve any functions? Is it worth updating?

Thanks.

no

+Quote Post
johnhooper
post May 7 2004, 03:30 AM
Post #37

Member No.: 2,949

My experience with ATT branded phones is that if you upgrade the firmware and unlock the phone it does not mean that an ATT branded phone will work reliably on 900MHz. My advice is that if you need 900MHz and you want to take the risk of buying a ATT branded phone you should be prepared to be disapointed. I would really like to hear from anyone out there that knows what has been done and if it can be fixed. You can email me at: hooperinternational at hotmail.com if you don't want to post your answer. Cheers, John

+Quote Post
amitchatbd
post May 12 2004, 06:39 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 2,954

I checked it out on my MPX200 works well. But it is a little heavier on the space. Eats up more spaece in flash and the working area. One noticed advantage is that it improve OTA(Over the Air) response for custom installation from sites thru SMS or direct push.

Hope this helps. But not sure if this is the latest. When we are talking about versions are we talking the build or the operator version?

+Quote Post
amitchatbd
post May 12 2004, 06:47 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 2,954

I checked out the firmware by installing in my MPX200. It works fine. PRobably a bit heavy on the storage, It takes more storage space than 630-012. Only noticed improvement was OTA(Over the Air) response. I installed a few chnages from ATT customization is worked.

I am not sure if this is the latest firmware. If there is a corelation on the firmware image naming then it shouldn't be.

+Quote Post
MPXBlazer
post May 12 2004, 07:35 PM
Post #40

Member No.: 3,171

any chances of pointing me to where i can get this mirracle img file?

BEN6-0630-12.img

if you guys know where that can be obtained give me a holla @

stanziskand@juno.com

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:04 PM