IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mythical iPhone adding GPS and debuting on T-Mobile?
abatis
post Oct 8 2006, 07:16 PM
Post #1

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Our friends over at T3 in the UK have fished around and speculate that the mythical Apple iPhone will include a GPS feature. Perhaps the iPhone will have other "smartphone" features.

ABCNews.GO makes an argument that T-Mobiles $4.2 billion spectrum investment and $2.1 billion 3G build-out could bring the iPhone to T-Mobile USA. T-Mobile USA CEO Dotson singled out Apple's efforts on the desktop as a "great precursor of where I think the marketplace is headed in 3G," leading to speculation that T-Mobile, not Cingular, will host Apple's much-rumored iPhone project.

The ABCNews article says "Of course, Dotson "declined to comment" about any relationship between the two companies, but he went on at some length about how Apple's and T-Mobile's visions seem to be aligned." Steve Jobs is big on control of Apples products but starting up a wireless network to support a single product seems like a wild step. Apple will need a T-Mobile or the like to get the network and subscribers.

"Personal computers will be the digital hub of our new digital lifestyle," Jobs said at Macworld. Nice vision from a guy that sells desktop computers. Is Jobs missing the convergent revolution? Is the iPhone his opening move beyond the single purpose iPod? We are seeing 32GB flash drives from Samsung, CPU's are becoming smaller and more energy efficient. These new component features will be modified for mobile devices in the future. Perhaps the "convergent device" is your "digital hub" and simply docks when you are stationary to provide keyboard, speaker and flat panel support. It will be interesting to see where Apple goes with the iPhone and to find out how "smart" it will be.
Attached Image

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Oct 9 2006, 01:58 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

More information on the iPhone specs are at ThinkSecret

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:47 PM