Post #43

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,244
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Vodafone
PocketPC: Other

QUOTE (traysup @ Dec 30 2005, 02:18 AM)
How did your phone die homerjs? Im sorry, i just never had a phone do it to me

After loading image 2 and 3 it did not boot up...
it does not power on anymore...

This post has been edited by homerjs: Dec 30 2005, 05:20 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
homerjs
post Dec 30 2005, 05:32 AM
Post #44

After loading image 2 and 3 it did not boot up...
it does not power on anymore...

I have an captiva 1 GB storage SD card. But when i plug it into my SD reader in my PC there is nothing on the SD card.

But does it have to? I think so...
Can someone zip those files which are supposed to on the SD card?
I might putting them up the SD card since all images seemed to install correctly!

This post has been edited by homerjs: Dec 30 2005, 05:32 AM

+Quote Post
muchomorek
post Dec 30 2005, 05:43 AM
Post #45

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 2,186
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HP iPAQ
PMC: Other

after flashing with img3 did you removed the battery ?

--------------------
iPhone 3GS
SP5
Holux GR-236 Bluetooth GPS
MPx200

+Quote Post
homerjs
post Dec 30 2005, 05:46 AM
Post #46

QUOTE (muchomorek @ Dec 30 2005, 07:43 AM)
after flashing with img3 did you removed the battery ?

I did everything what smart turk movies told me. And yes I removed the battery and put it in many times!!!

And all images seem to installed correctly. Everythink went all right after
installing image 1. And image 2 and 3 installed also correctly. (when I had a connection)

But please, can someone zip the files which are supposed to be on the SD card? I want to put them also on my SD card with the card reader. Maybe it helps!

+Quote Post
muchomorek
post Dec 30 2005, 05:50 AM
Post #47

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 2,186
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

QUOTE (homerjs @ Dec 30 2005, 12:46 AM)
I did everything what smart turk movies told me. And yes I removed the battery and put it in many times!!!

And all images seem to installed correctly. Everythink went all right after
installing image 1. And image 2 and 3 installed also correctly. (when I had a connection)

But please, can someone zip the files which are supposed to be on the SD card? I want to put them also on my SD card with the card reader. Maybe it helps!

PM me your email so that i can send you the zip file its about 5 mb

--------------------
iPhone 3GS
SP5
Holux GR-236 Bluetooth GPS
MPx200

+Quote Post
homerjs
post Dec 30 2005, 06:49 AM
Post #48

thx....

But I still cant power on the damn thing.
My last resort is to change SD cards, but i think when i want to power on the phone it will report an error when having not a valid SD card.... is that true?

+Quote Post
AndrewSh
post Dec 30 2005, 07:53 AM
Post #49

Member No.: 10,805
Phone: Dopod s300
Carrier: Other
PocketPC: Asus

homerjs and others
Don't try to use Kingston card! From app. 40 people from our MPx group only one guy managed to start the phone with Kingston!. I don't know the real reason but possibly Kingston does not want to recognize TFAT. Just use other card. By myself - I tried to reflash three times with 256 Kingston without any success - hang up after the last img flash.
Then I just took the 16 Mb Card from the package (original) and - all was done in a couple of minutes.
That's the only reason.

This post has been edited by AndrewSh: Dec 30 2005, 07:58 AM

--------------------
Remember, just because you're paranoid that doesn't mean that everyone's not out to get you.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously!

+Quote Post
homerjs
post Dec 30 2005, 08:00 AM
Post #50

QUOTE (AndrewSh @ Dec 30 2005, 09:53 AM)
homerjs and others
Don't try to use Kingston card! From app. 40 people from our MPx group only one guy managed to start the phone with Kingston!. I don't know the real reason but possibly Kingston does not want to recognize TFAT. Just use other card. By myself - I tried to reflash three times with 256 Kingston without any success - hang up after the last img flash.
Then I just took the 16 Mb Card from the package (original) and - all was done in a couple of minutes.
That's the only reason.

But the problem is that I can´t power up the phone now.
And it doesnt seem to charge as well.

But is it true that when having not the right SD card that the phone won´t power on?

What card do you have? My phone did not have a SD card in the orginal package.
So what brand SD card will work?

Sandisk probably?

This post has been edited by homerjs: Dec 30 2005, 08:03 AM

+Quote Post
AndrewSh
post Dec 30 2005, 08:09 AM
Post #51

Member No.: 10,805
Phone: Dopod s300
Carrier: Other
PocketPC: Asus

QUOTE (homerjs @ Dec 30 2005, 10:00 AM)
Sandisk probably?

Exactly! smile.gif
You actually can use any kinda new and fast one. With the slow card the system on your phone will work slower (checked for 100%). When you successfully flash the phone - later you can use different cards - but you should put the content of your first card to other cards. Thus you can change cards with new OS.
Don't power it up - just take another card and repeat the flash procedure. It's possible not to flash the first img. Start from the second part. That's it.

This post has been edited by AndrewSh: Dec 30 2005, 08:10 AM

--------------------
Remember, just because you're paranoid that doesn't mean that everyone's not out to get you.
Don't take yourself so damn seriously!

+Quote Post
pedro
post Dec 30 2005, 08:09 AM
Post #52

Member No.: 10,811
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: Toshiba
MP3 Player: Cowon iAudio

Your mobil is not died! I have the sam e problem. You can reflash the WM2003 with mobil upgrade wizard. Just follow the instuctions as you did last time. I did it several times and it works.

+Quote Post
homerjs
post Dec 30 2005, 08:35 AM
Post #53

QUOTE (AndrewSh @ Dec 30 2005, 10:09 AM)
Exactly! smile.gif
You actually can use any kinda new and fast one. With the slow card the system on your phone will work slower (checked for 100%).  When you successfully flash the phone - later you can use different cards - but you should put the content of your first card to other cards. Thus you can change cards with new OS.
Don't power it up - just take another card and repeat the flash procedure. It's possible not to flash the first img. Start from the second part. That's it.

Well problem is that when i connect my phone to the PC. The PC will not see the phone... sad.gif

+Quote Post
homerjs
post Dec 30 2005, 01:36 PM
Post #54

Hi guys!

Good news. It was true, my phone was not dead. It was probably the SD card, so I have to change it into a Sandisk SD card.

But!

The good news is: You can flash back to 2003!!!

I did succesfully!!!

This post has been edited by homerjs: Dec 30 2005, 01:40 PM

+Quote Post
trxDraxon
post Dec 30 2005, 04:42 PM
Post #55

Member No.: 10,127
Carrier: Alltel

Well here we go...I have had WM5 running for the last couple days now thanks to Turk. Mine is running on a 512meg SD card just fine FYI. I have all the bugs worked out so far I think. Got it app unlocked and the internet working finally.

So far I can already tell that reception is better. My wife and I both have cingular and we talk mobile to mobile alot and the calls to her are coming extremely clear now.

Over all I think it runs faster than 2003 but not as fast as 2002. There are times where its really responsive and other times where its extremely sluggish for a few seconds.

Battery life I havent had a chance to really tell yet because I am playing with it more than I ever did so I am usually charging it every day now ;P

Windows media player 10 is awesome, being able to sort your music just like your PC is pretty nice for us people that use the MPX200 as a mp3 player.

As far as apps go I havent really found anything that I cant install or isnt compatible with WM5. Clear vue installs just fine as well as agile messenger and beta player. I am also using the Resco Powertoys and explorer which seem to work pretty well.

Over all I would have to say its a definate keeper. If you have the ability to flash your phone with it I would recomend it(your milage may vary). The reception alone is reason enough for me to keep it.

+Quote Post
post Dec 31 2005, 04:27 AM
Post #56

Member No.: 10,681
Carrier: o2
PocketPC: Dell
MP3 Player: iPod Nano

Edit-Please read the Board Guidelines. Posting links to ROMs, unless on the official websites, is prohibited. Thanks.

This post has been edited by smeg36: Dec 31 2005, 04:58 AM

+Quote Post
homerjs
post Dec 31 2005, 08:22 AM
Post #57

Maybe its usefull which brand for SD can run wm5!

+Quote Post
shadowrtype
post Dec 31 2005, 08:05 PM
Post #58

Member No.: 10,778
Carrier: T-Mobile

QUOTE (homerjs @ Dec 31 2005, 03:22 AM)
Maybe its usefull which brand for SD can run wm5!

I picked up an EDGE 256 SD in hopes of doing this upgrade. Anyone have any experiences with EDGE cards on the MPX200?

+Quote Post
elviaitalia
post Jan 1 2006, 09:47 AM
Post #59

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 3,112
PocketPC: HTC

Good morning and a happy new year to everybody.

In the end I decided to take the leap of faith and upgraded from WM03 to Wm5. Here are my 2 cents after one day of use:

- Flashing was a breeze. I went through the whole process in less than 50 minutes. No problems at all.

- First thing I noticed upon powering on the phone was the lack of a file manager. As advised in this forum I loaded Resco Explorer and the problem was solved. Another piece of software that is not embedded in this release is a battery/memory meter. In this case too I did as many other MGN users and downloaded Resco's Battery & Memory in order to implement such missing feature.
Nonetheless I feel that this OS is crippled at best. It lacks many important functions I had become accustomed to under 2003 and, I overall find I have much less control on my phone now.
An example: Where are the settings to switch the "airplane mode" on/off? If I try to press and hold the "home" button to get this function, as I did withWM2003 the phone will just freeze. No sign of the "airplane settings" anywhere else...

I will keep on using it to see if it's just me or if this WM5 really is a no go.

- Power on/switch off.
My SD card might be a fast one because the phone does not seem to be any slower than before in switching on/shutting off.

- Radio strength and battery life.
While the majority of comments in this forum are positive I do not feel that my Mpx200's battery life has improved together with the signal strength: While under 2003 I never had a signal problem now I have had some:
@Yesterday evening I called home while I was outside and could barely hear what my wife was telling me as the signal was very blurry and full of static interferences.
@At home I never got more than 3-4 signal bars where I'd usually get full signal strength.
@This morning upon entering my office (yes.... I'm working....) I took the phone out from the jacket's pocket and noticed that the "no service" signal was displayed on the phone's screen. While this is obvious because I had just exited the subway station where there is no cell coverage, it is nonetheless not normal as between my office and the station there are 200 metres which are more than enough for my phone to pass from "no service" to full signal strength in normal conditions.

My impression is that the phone has become much less sensitive to the signal fluctuations as it seems to not be any longer able to gather signal as soon as any is available, as it did before the upgrade.

For what is about battery life I can just say that when I powered off yesterday night the battery was 98% charged. When I switched the phone on this morning I had one bar left on the battery meter and will very soon need to recharge...

In order to try and be less "empiric" I will just let the phone discharge completely and then will plug it to the "juice" until it gets fully charged. If less than one day passes between charges it will definitely mean that the battery life under WM5 is worse than what it used to be under 2003.

- Programs.
No problem here, I have reloaded almost all my "old" software and so far haven't found a single program that won't work under 5.0

- Gui.
No doubt. WM5 is a major overhaul and it solves some little quirks that the old interface had. It seems to be somewhat more customisable than its predecessors but this is just an impression. More on that as soon as I'll be able to do some more digging.

So far this is it.
While there are some things that annoy me on this release I nonetheless cannot prevent myself from thinking that I'm toting a three years old phone which sports the latest operating system just as a a "new-off-the-shelf" device; this once more confirms that I did an excellent choice when I decided to buy my Mpx200 back then.

Have a nice first day of the new year biggrin.gif

Lorenzo

This post has been edited by elviaitalia: Jan 1 2006, 10:28 AM

+Quote Post
Damen
post Jan 1 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #60

Member No.: 10,327

"An example: Where are the settings to switch the "airplane mode" on/off? If I try to press and hold the "home" button to get this function, as I did withWM2003 the phone will just freeze. No sign of the "airplane settings" anywhere else..."

press the power on/off button once and u get the screen with airplane mode........

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
15 User(s) are reading this topic (15 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:44 PM