post Dec 13 2006, 05:29 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,077
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: T-Mobile
MP3 Player: iPod

I've just received my MPX220.

I bought a 2GB card for it because I was planning on storing quite a few videos and songs on it.

Today I started uploading stuff to the card, and it seemed to work alright. Then I updated the ROMs (1.49 offline update). I don't think I removed the MiniSD card from the phone while it was updating.

After that I noticed that the phone would lock up during data transfer. It would either not transfer, or it would give me an error telling me it could not convert the file and I had specified an invalid sector.

Could I have fried the MiniSD card? The phone is still recognizing the card, but it will sparatically let me add data to it. If I remove the battery, it doesn't really change anything. I used a different card, a 512MB Corsair card, and moved some data onto it, then I switched cards and was able to move data again. However, now the ActiveSync program just gets stuck on "Copying from My Documents to Pictures" without any progress.

I tried using the SD adaptor on my digital camera and it says memory card error.

I don't have a card reader, so I can't check it that way.

Is there a possibility that the card is just corrupted and needs to be reformatted? Is a program I can get to put on my phone so I can do it via the phone (I can still transfer data to the phone's built in memory, though.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Dec 13 2006, 05:53 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

There are a few programs you can try formatting the card from your phone with. You can do it with a trial version of Resco Explorer. It's possible the card just needs to be reformatted. It's also possible the card just coincidentally started failing at the same time. I doubt the ROM flash did anything negative to the card though.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
DerMann
post Dec 13 2006, 06:08 AM
Post #3

No go on the format :\

It's odd because when I received it in the mail (it came way before my phone got here), I tried it with the adaptor in my digital camera. It detected it, it would write to it, and everything.

It's odd how something can go so bad so quickly.

I've been doing a google search and a lot of people say that 2GB cards don't work in MPX220's, but mine recognizes it automatically as 1940MB.

Anyway, thanks for your response.

*Edit*
I was able to upload one picture (about 50k) and an MP3 (about 5.5MB). I was 1/4 of the way through my second one when I got the sector error.

This post has been edited by DerMann: Dec 13 2006, 06:13 AM

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Dec 13 2006, 07:50 AM
Post #4

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

I tried a 2GB Corsair in my 220 and it wouldn't work. I returned it and ended up getting a Sandisk that continues to work great. Coincidence...or, conspiracy? wink.gif

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
badbob001
post Dec 16 2006, 06:38 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,092

Simply put, the mpx220 does not support 2GB cards. Many many many people have tried it and failed. I myself bought a 2GB ATP miniSD card and ended up returning it for a 1GB card. Search the forums if you want to read about this sad tale.

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Dec 16 2006, 08:07 AM
Post #6

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

After reading BadBob's comment, I went and checked what exactly was in my 220. I misspoke above, 'cuz I'd forgotten the Sandisk in mine is a 1G. The 2G is in my i-mate. Oops. Sorry for the bad info. It was a 1G Corsair I'd tried and then ended up with a 1G Sandisk that works great.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
DerMann
post Dec 18 2006, 07:34 AM
Post #7

Ok, so 2GB cards do not work with MPX220's.

Something is wrong with my 2GB card because when I try it in my digital camera (Panasonic DMC-LZ5) it gives me an error saying "Memory Card Error Please Check the Card?" I have a Patriot SD card of the same size, 2GB, and it works fine. Even before I got the phone, I checked if the 2GB MiniSD card was working, so I put it in my camera and it detected it just fine, it even told me how many pictures I had left (it was the correct amount for the card as well).

Something has damaged the card, and I'm trying to figure out what has happened. Worst comes to worst I just have an additional memory card for my camera.

This post has been edited by DerMann: Dec 18 2006, 07:35 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:45 PM