post Oct 27 2006, 05:39 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,622
Phone: Dopod s300
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: None
PMC: Other

I've been trying to find a proper forum to post this is and this one seems to be the right spot. Well anyway I have a Audiovo PPC 4110. I purchased it on Ebay around 2003 and it still works great with the exception of one problem. I have a headset that when I use it with the PDA I can hear people talking to me but they are not able to hear me in return. I've tried to get some help from audiovox. But they gave me some bull about sending it in for repairs. I'm already sent it in for repairs before when my screen broke and now I would rather see if there's any way I can get this resolve on my own.

Any help on this matter from anyone who's had this problem or heard about it before would be greatly appreciated.

Mir
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Oct 28 2006, 12:36 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Have you tried using a different headset? Was this headset working with the PPC-4100 one day, then not working the next? I'd try fixing the cheaper items to be sure where the problem lies before sending it in for repair.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
miraail
post Oct 28 2006, 08:42 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,622
Phone: Dopod s300
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: None
PMC: Other

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Oct 27 2006, 08:36 PM) *
Have you tried using a different headset? Was this headset working with the PPC-4100 one day, then not working the next? I'd try fixing the cheaper items to be sure where the problem lies before sending it in for repair.

yes actually I tried using to different head sets. One was the M205 from Plantronics and the other which I still have is the MX100S also a plantronic.

Both of them are giving me the same problem

+Quote Post
linus_photo
post Mar 1 2007, 02:53 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 15,133

sad.gif Hi, I don't know if you resolved your problem, but aniway I think that the problem is on the 2.5mm jack of the headset. The Audiovox ppc4100 accept just headsets with 3 black rings on the jack, because the 3th ring is for the microphone. The standrd jack 2.5mm with 2 black rings don't want on the ppc4100, you need an adapter.
Please could I ask to you how much was the cost to Audiovox service for reparing your ppc screen?
My touchscreen felt down on the floor and now i need to repair it.

Thank you so much for your assistance. I would appreciate a your answer.

QUOTE (miraail @ Oct 27 2006, 05:39 PM) *
I've been trying to find a proper forum to post this is and this one seems to be the right spot. Well anyway I have a Audiovo PPC 4110. I purchased it on Ebay around 2003 and it still works great with the exception of one problem. I have a headset that when I use it with the PDA I can hear people talking to me but they are not able to hear me in return. I've tried to get some help from audiovox. But they gave me some bull about sending it in for repairs. I'm already sent it in for repairs before when my screen broke and now I would rather see if there's any way I can get this resolve on my own.

Any help on this matter from anyone who's had this problem or heard about it before would be greatly appreciated.

Mir

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:39 PM