Post #1

Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,753
Phone: Blackjack
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: Dell
PMC: Other

Has anyone tried out the JavoEdge skin for the Cingular 2125? Is it worth the money? Does it come with a holster/belt clip/(or whatever you call it)?

And, since I am here, does anybody know if there is a way to increase the size on the contacts photos. I think they are just too small.

Thanks and again, all your suggestions and help are greatly appreciated.

JavoEdge Cingular 2125 Skin
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Aug 21 2006, 09:38 PM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

I have not tried the JavoEdge. From the photos I've seen, it does not appear to come with a holster clip, or anything other than the case/skin itself.

My question is does the rubberishness make it difficult to slide in and out of a pocket? Seems to me it might. Once the phone is in this skin, will it still fit in the belt clip/case that came with the phone? That thing doesn't exactly fit like a glove, so I'm thinking there is a chance it might work. Otherwise, you're not gonna hang it off anything with a clip 'cuz there is nowhere for the clip to connect.

The phone is small enough to be pocketable - especially if it were protected. But, does the pocket have to be a big one so the rubber case doesn't get hung up? And, how prone are errant key presses with this case on? I lock my keypad, but have been amazed that the phone has been unlocked a couple times when I've taken it out of my pocket. (Since then, started using a program out there called Automatic Keylock version 3.86. If the keys do get pressed in the correct sequence to un-lock the keypad, the program would re-lock it pretty quickly...hopefully before any calls are accidentally placed etc. Also, it keeps you from having to remember all the time to lock the keypad manually.)

Regarding the size of the photo contacts thumbnail, I've only seen mention of a third party software called "Photo Contacts 3.0" ($20 US) or "Photo Contacts Pro" as a solotution ($25 US) They are available here: http://www.pocketx.net/

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
SkippyTheNurse
post Aug 22 2006, 04:32 AM
Post #3

Gadget Junkie

from what I have been reading, it is made in a special material that makes it less "sticky" so that not even dust can get stuck onto it. I have a Reiko case for the phone and it is a snug fit, so i imagine that with the Javoedge skin, it will be a tighter fit. I am still interested because I am very clumsy, a little cushin won't hurt. Oh well, thanks for the help. BYE.

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Aug 23 2006, 01:41 AM
Post #4

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

I just ordered this case for my wife's 2125 yesterday. I will be able to let you know everything once we get it in. I think it is a pretty safe bet that it is a no on the clip part though.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
SkippyTheNurse
post Aug 23 2006, 05:52 AM
Post #5

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (GrYph0n @ Aug 22 2006, 08:41 PM) *
I just ordered this case for my wife's 2125 yesterday. I will be able to let you know everything once we get it in. I think it is a pretty safe bet that it is a no on the clip part though.

Thanks for "taking one for the team" Gryphon. I do have high hopes for this skin.

My other question is regarding that PhotoContacts app. Is there a freeware prgm that is like photo contacts. I kinda don't want to pay. Yeah, I know, I am cheap. Eh, college tuition has gone up (again!) I am really tired of this crap, why oh why do I have to pay more for crappy education. I had to swtich to community college because I could no longer afford state college, now I can barely afford community college. I wonder if there is a registry tweak for the photo contact size.

Okay, I am done ranting.

This post has been edited by SkippyTheNurse: Aug 23 2006, 05:55 AM

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Aug 23 2006, 08:49 AM
Post #6

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

Gryphon - I can't wait to hear about the case vs pocket compatibility.

Skippy - YOUR education is what YOU make of it and as far as I know there is no freeware or reg hack to make the photos any larger. Google it yourself, and post back if you find anything. I didn't. But, I'm not actually looking to do this. I looked for you but since you REALLY want it, maybe you'll find something I didn't. Good luck!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
SkippyTheNurse
post Aug 23 2006, 09:10 AM
Post #7

Gadget Junkie

runningtiger- you are right, my education is what I make out of it. But in what I want to make out of it, the school cannot provide. Better networking, better resources, and better access to it. Ever walk into a church and priest is preaching for more and more donations, he has a nice new Caddy and nice new ring, but for some reason that darn door in the front entrance still isn't fixed. Well, that's what I feel. When I was at Texas Woman's Univ, it was so much different, there were computer labs everywhere, there was a huge library, no matter where you sat you knew that it was a good place to study. But here at HCC, I'd rather study in my car with the windows rolled down. The main campus is a joke in my eyes. The only thing I do I like is that I was blessed with great, great teachers, and their new facility in the Texas Medical Center is much, much better (i give them that). And luckily, I have my classes online and at that new facility, so hopefully this year will be a good one.

Oh and um...yeah, I looked all over for that PHotoContact alternative and I didn't find anything either. That's okay, I will just have the bagel instead.

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Aug 28 2006, 06:01 AM
Post #8

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Well got the case and my wife has been using it over the weekend. Now the skin is non-sticky, and it hasn't had the problem with collecting crap all over it. It does make it slightly more difficult to remove from a tight pocket, but if you have loose pockets then it won't be a problem. It doesn't add too much over all thickness to the phone either. I am not a huge fan of these types of cases, but this is the best I have seen for a phone yet.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
SkippyTheNurse
post Aug 28 2006, 07:33 AM
Post #9

Gadget Junkie

Thanks, I think I now feel safe to buy one. By the way, which color did you get. I am debating between Solar Gray and Steel Blue. I am gearing towards Solar Gray.

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Aug 28 2006, 07:52 AM
Post #10

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Well my wife picked tangerine. Not the color I would have picked, but it doesn't look too bad and it suites her.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant

+Quote Post
SkippyTheNurse
post Sep 5 2006, 09:02 PM
Post #11

Gadget Junkie

My javoedge just came in. I got in Solar Grey. It's pretty nice. Seems like a tight skin. Unfortunately it no longer fits in the belt clip. I guess a small price to pay. Maybe that Fortte case will be a better fit. We'll see later on.

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Sep 6 2006, 12:41 AM
Post #12

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Would it fit in the holster if you remove your modifications? Just wondering. My wife loves her skin because it fits so well and she likes the color. I am kind of fond of it as well. I just got a skin for my smartflip that would be great if it didn't prevent it from fully closing (big bummer). I am hoping that I can get a review sample from Krussel for the star trek though (hint: look for a future review if that works out).

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant

+Quote Post
SkippyTheNurse
post Sep 6 2006, 04:49 AM
Post #13

Gadget Junkie

Actually, I did remove my modifications from the holster. It still would not sit back for the clip to latch on. So I just let it be and pray that I don't sit on it. It does, however, fit in the OEM case that came with the phone. But its a bit snug. I guess I will use that one for now. I really do like it. It gives it a bit of thickness that enable my clumsy fingers to get a good hold on. That is what I've needed. I just have these long skinny fingers that drop just about anything. and I am not a lanyard type of guy.

But hey, if you get a review sample for a Cingular 2125 (a fitted one), let me know on that. I wish I could be a "reviewer" or a beta tester. I did test the Vista OS. I wasn't really impressed a whole lot. I reminded me a bit of Linux in some aspect. But then again, wasn't Billy Gates trying to buy out Linux? I am glad he didn't. And I don't think that I am going to touch Vista for another 2 years.

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Sep 6 2006, 05:26 AM
Post #14

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Once I am back in the full swing of things, I am sure that I will start looking into and reviewing items and accessories for the 2125 as well, as long as time permitts. I am just starting off little by little to get back into the world of Mobiltiy that I have missed so much. I really have missed this stuff...

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant

+Quote Post
SkippyTheNurse
post Sep 9 2006, 03:56 AM
Post #15

Gadget Junkie

Update:

I really do like the JavoEdge skin. I finally gave up and bought a slightly larger cell phone pouch (since now it can't fit in the clip) so that I can carry it around. Other than that, I believe that this is a solid investment. Of course, if Speck made a rugged skin for my phone, like the one they made for the Q, then I might look into that one myself.

This post has been edited by SkippyTheNurse: Sep 9 2006, 03:57 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:02 PM