post Aug 15 2007, 08:36 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,567
Phone: Dopod s300
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: None
MP3 Player: Creative

What is the best, most full featured Phone/Ringtone app out for Windows Mobile in people's opinions?

I'm looking for something that has the features of Lightwav (http://www.toysoft.ca/lightwav.html)

Specifically I'm looking for:

1) The ability to set unique ringtones (MP3) for by either caller ID or phone number (or contact info)

2) Full screen picture caller ID (either JPEG or GIF)

3) Support for Cover Up Sounds (meaning you can make it sound like you are somewhere else (a bar, work, airport, etc., and the caller hears these sounds in the background during the call).

4) The ability to set different things to happen depending on what mode your phone is in (normal, silent, vibrate, etc.) so that if will automatically send to voicemail or send an SMS if you're on silent mode.

5) Announce incoming calls.

Anyway, please let me know what Windows Mobile apps might fit the bill for some or all of this.

Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xenoranger
post Aug 16 2007, 12:39 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 15,695
Phone: HTC Excalibur
Carrier: T-Mobile

I know the HTC S620 will announce incoming calls with its built in software. It seems that it's more about what's built into the phone than what you can add. Especially since most plugins seem to decrease the overall amount of memory your WinMobile device will have.

Plus, with WinMobile 6, you already have Outlook Contacts providing you the option of adding pictures, custom ringtones, and a few other options to uniquely identify who's calling.

+Quote Post
whoster69
post Aug 18 2007, 01:59 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 14,567
Phone: Dopod s300
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: None
MP3 Player: Creative

QUOTE (Xenoranger @ Aug 16 2007, 04:39 AM) *
I know the HTC S620 will announce incoming calls with its built in software. It seems that it's more about what's built into the phone than what you can add. Especially since most plugins seem to decrease the overall amount of memory your WinMobile device will have.

Plus, with WinMobile 6, you already have Outlook Contacts providing you the option of adding pictures, custom ringtones, and a few other options to uniquely identify who's calling.

Isn't Outlook a trail version on WM6?

As far as memory is concerned, It's got an 8GB microdrive and 128MB of RAM, 256 of ROM.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:47 AM