IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Selectable caller block ID soft key options...
banditione
post Feb 17 2006, 09:18 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,293
Phone: HP iPAQ h6500
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: Dell
MP3 Player: Cowon iAudio
PMC: Other

I used to have a SE T637 phone and had the option when I wanted to make a call, I can have my number blocked by just going to the incall options and select block just this call. I have a Cingular 2125 phone and I am looking all over the place if there is a .cab file or reg tweak to modify a call before it is dialed. Before a call is made, I just look into the menu key and select block this call only. Is there any such thing like that. It would be very great. I dont want to have to go through the setup options and select the call all out going calls and set is back to normal. I also dont like to dail the *67. It would also make it harder if the number is in my contacts, I would have to edit the number to *67. Can someone help me please. Thanks.

This post has been edited by banditione: Feb 17 2006, 09:19 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
banditione
post Mar 7 2006, 10:32 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 11,293
Phone: HP iPAQ h6500
PocketPC: Dell
MP3 Player: Cowon iAudio
PMC: Other

QUOTE (banditione @ Feb 17 2006, 01:18 PM) *
I used to have a SE T637 phone and had the option when I wanted to make a call, I can have my number blocked by just going to the incall options and select block just this call. I have a Cingular 2125 phone and I am looking all over the place if there is a .cab file or reg tweak to modify a call before it is dialed. Before a call is made, I just look into the menu key and select block this call only. Is there any such thing like that. It would be very great. I dont want to have to go through the setup options and select the call all out going calls and set is back to normal. I also dont like to dail the *67. It would also make it harder if the number is in my contacts, I would have to edit the number to *67. Can someone help me please. Thanks.

So anyone can help me please.

+Quote Post
Wolven
post May 2 2006, 12:31 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 11,968
Phone: Cingular 8525
PocketPC: None
MP3 Player: Other

QUOTE (banditione @ Mar 7 2006, 10:32 PM) *
So anyone can help me please.

The only option I know of is right next to the one you mentioned, "block all outgoing calls." It's "Block outgoing calls to people not in my contact list."

Perhaps it will be addressed in a future version, or you could look into alternative contact software. I'm still new to the phone myself, but if I find an answer that is closer to what you want, I'll definitely come back and let you know.

+Quote Post
reydiodj
post Jun 15 2006, 11:03 PM
Post #4

MS-MVP / Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Senior Admin
Member No.: 39
Phone: Dopod s300
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Other
PMC: Creative Zen

QUOTE (banditione @ Feb 17 2006, 02:18 PM) *
I used to have a SE T637 phone and had the option when I wanted to make a call, I can have my number blocked by just going to the incall options and select block just this call.

- well from the way you describe the feature coming from the incall options, are you sure that it is truly blocking your number, or identifies it on your phone to block that number so that if you ever receive a call from there that it doesn't ring and gets forwarded to voicemail? If this is the functionality you want, then the software solution is SmartFilter at: http://www.novomobile.com/smartfilter.php

If it is the other way around, I am not aware of a Smartphone solution. However, I do know of a solution available for PPC phones, TapText (from Dinarsoft.com) can be used to enter *67 before dialing a number and can be run from the Phone application - it does take 2 taps to do this as would your description (Incall, Block this call) of doing the same action on the T637 as opposed to making the actual 3 taps...

Perhaps there one of the text entry s/w solutions for Smartphone may be able to do it...I'll let you know if I find one.

--------------------
Rey Flores
Microsoft MVP: Windows - Mobile Devices
Editor Emeritus - MGN
Blogs: Reydio Static / Smartphone & PPC Magazine Expert Blog
Chair: http://www.mobilecomputingsig.com
Board of Experts: http://www.PocketPCmag.com/awards
Mobile Community Series Co-Host: http://www.computeroutlook.com

Primary Devices: T-Mobile Dash
Alternate Devices: Sidekick 3/i-mate JASJAR
Mobile Accessories: Aliph Jawbone/Samsung WEP200/Scala 500, ALK Co-Pilot GPS receiver, Stowaway Bluetooth Keyboard, Microsoft Zune, Sony PSP

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:57 PM