post Nov 28 2006, 04:53 AM
Post #1

Mobile Gadget Master
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 8,857
Phone: SMT5600
Carrier: Alltel

If you come across a cool Blackjack capability, feature or trick, share them here!

--------------------
Hey! Want to Post? Have a Question?
Click here to Register and Join Mobile Gadget News
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Undude
post Nov 28 2006, 04:58 AM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Master
Group Icon

Here's one I didn't see mentioned anywhere...

1) When web-brousing, pressing the 'Y' and 'B' keys will scroll you up and down a page at a time. Nice.

2) Also, a long-press of the HOME key brings up the TASK MANAGER - which helps you quickly close programs. Being able to do this is so useful to me that I programmd the '2/T' key to launch Task Manager until I came across the long-press HOME functionality.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SkippyTheNurse
post Dec 9 2006, 03:11 PM
Post #3

Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,753
Phone: Blackjack
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: Dell
PMC: Other

QUOTE (The Undude @ Nov 27 2006, 10:58 PM) *

1) When web-brousing, pressing the 'Y' and 'B' keys will scroll you up and down a page at a time. Nice.

2) Also, a long-press of the HOME key brings up the TASK MANAGER - which helps you quickly close programs. Being able to do this is so useful to me that I programmd the '2/T' key to launch Task Manager until I came across the long-press HOME functionality.

The "home" key taskmanager is a SWEET feature. Just to show you how Samsung is user friendly and knows what the customer wants. I really liked my sisters slider phone from Samsung, I personally truly believe that it would be a Bad a$$ phone if it had Windows.

This post has been edited by SkippyTheNurse: Dec 9 2006, 03:12 PM

+Quote Post
The Undude
post Dec 16 2006, 05:24 PM
Post #4

Mobile Gadget Master
Group Icon

If you do a long-press of the thumbwheel, a little utility pops up to allows you to scroll between some applications. Is there a way to configure this to show the applications I want in this rotation?

--------------------

+Quote Post
dpodo
post Dec 17 2006, 06:00 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 14,151

QUOTE (The Undude @ Dec 16 2006, 05:24 PM) *
If you do a long-press of the thumbwheel, a little utility pops up to allows you to scroll between some applications. Is there a way to configure this to show the applications I want in this rotation?

One of the choices is 'EDIT'. Select this option to add/delete apps, change the order, or configure list/icon view.

+Quote Post
The Undude
post Dec 18 2006, 01:18 AM
Post #6

Mobile Gadget Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (dpodo @ Dec 17 2006, 01:00 AM) *
One of the choices is 'EDIT'. Select this option to add/delete apps, change the order, or configure list/icon view.

Thank you dpodo! This feature of the thumbwheel is truely awesome and makes the Blackjack all the more easy to navigate applications quickly. If you own a Blackjack, you really ought to check out this capability.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Undude
post Jan 14 2007, 03:18 AM
Post #7

Mobile Gadget Master
Group Icon

Maybe someone here knows the answer to this issue.

I like to surf the net on my Blackjack. When I owned an SMT 5600, pressing a key would take me to the first "Favorite" that started with a letter on that key. So, press a "3" and I would be whisked to Favorites starting with "D." Press the "6" and I'd be taken to the first Favote starting with "M."

However, on the Blackjack if I press the "D" key, I'm taken to the first Favorite begining with "G." Press the "M" key and I'm whisked to the first favorite starting with "W."

What's thje logic? Is there a fast way to navigate favorites on the Blackjack that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Undude
post Jan 14 2007, 03:33 AM
Post #8

Mobile Gadget Master
Group Icon

QUOTE (The Undude @ Jan 13 2007, 10:18 PM) *
Maybe someone here knows the answer to this issue.

I like to surf the net on my Blackjack. When I owned an SMT 5600, pressing a key would take me to the first "Favorite" that started with a letter on that key. So, press a "3" and I would be whisked to Favorites starting with "D." Press the "6" and I'd be taken to the first Favote starting with "M."

However, on the Blackjack if I press the "D" key, I'm taken to the first Favorite begining with "G." Press the "M" key and I'm whisked to the first favorite starting with "W."

What's thje logic? Is there a fast way to navigate favorites on the Blackjack that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for your help!

D'oh! I think I almost answered my own question. I think what's going on is the numeric keys on the black jack are mapping to the same values they would have on a regular phone...

1 - blank
2 - abc
3 - def
4 - ghi
5 - jkl
6 - mno
7 - pqrs
8 - tuv
9 - wxyz

So, if I press the A on the blackjack keyboard - I'l be whicked to the first Favorite starting with "A." But if I press the "J" key -- which is also a the "6" key, I'm whisked to the first favorite sarting with "M" - the first letter on a regular phone's 6 key (mno).

Now, thats' annoying. With a full QWERTY keyboard, that's one feature that needs to change!

--------------------

+Quote Post
romimaso
post Jan 17 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 14,617

QUOTE (The Undude @ Nov 27 2006, 08:58 PM) *

great tip, thanks! now, if you can tell me how to scroll a page at a time in email or text messages you will be my hero!

+Quote Post
SkippyTheNurse
post Feb 1 2007, 02:49 AM
Post #10

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 8,753
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: Dell
PMC: Other

I like it how under normal Windows Basic homescreen, you can click on the carrier line and it would direct you to the Wireless Manager.

However, some Facade skins to allow that feature. Of course, I would come on here without some sort of solution. On basic Facade homescreen you have this:

<plugin clsid="{E09043DF-510E-4841-B652-388316977A7A}" name="carrier" height="22">
<label font-weight="bold" fgcolor="#FFFFFF" halign="center">
<text><carrier/></text>
</label>
<clock>
<time font-size="16" font-weight="bold" fgcolor="#FFFFFF" y="1" halign="left" padding-left="6" />
<date font-size="16" font-weight="bold" fgcolor="#FFFFFF" y="1" halign="right" padding-right="6" />
</clock>
</plugin>

Well, right under the first line ( <plugin clsid="..........> )

Type in <allowselection/>

Save and replace the file on the cell phone, reboot, and viola! Unfortunately, further XML editing will require so that you can see that selecting the carrier line. But I had to have that feature.

But what if you get a homescreen that uses Facade but doesn't have the "carrier" plugin?
If it has a RJTime plugin that is able to be selected, which might look that this:

<!-- RJTime Plugin -->

<plugin clsid="{AAEC6C66-F860-4513-8966-1FE9FA678987}" height="150">
<background b-border-width="0"/>
<action target="\Windows\calender.lnk"/>

<label x="251" y="29">
<clock size="55" fgcolor="#CCCCCC" />
</label>

<label x="236" y="85" w="84" halign="center" font-size="32" fgcolor="#EEEEEE" >
<timeString format="HH:mm" />
</label>

Where it says, "action target", direct it to the Wireless Manager with is under \Windows\wrlsmgr.exe
So, it should like this:

<action targer="\Windows\wrlsmgr.exe"/>

Save, reboot, and viola.

Enjoy and I hope that I have helped someone.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:32 PM