IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> ATT SMT5600 - Stuck on mMode Boot, Cold Boot Config Alert?
kwan888
post Sep 26 2005, 05:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,115

Hello all,

First time poster. smile.gif

I just recently got a SMT5600 for ATT. I love the phone, but I've recently run into some issues. I turned off my phone after I had exited the IE browser, but I saw that it was still connected via GPRS. So I decided to turn off my phone to kill the connection. That was a BIG mistake. After I turned it back on, after the Audiovox and Windows Mobile startup splash screens, I will see the mMode splash screen. The phone will then proceed to make several consecutive beeps that go down in volume.

Then I will see a "Configuring Device" screen with a progress bar underneath. Once that goes to 100%, I will get another splash screen. This one says at the top "Cold Boot Config." Then under it says "Alert" and "Please press OK to restart."

I will hit OK to restart, but then the phone will go through the exact same process. Needless to say I have been pulling my hair out trying to fix this.

Here is a list of things I have tried:
I cannot exit the last "Cold Boot Config" screen. I can recieve calls, but cannot make them. I have tried a hard reset, but it solves nothing. I can connect to the phone via USB Activesync.

I figure that mMode is trying to update something, but because I killed the connection prematurely, the file never finished. And it's stuck in a loop trying to update with a corrupted file.

My guess is that I would have to flash with a ATT Rom to fix this issue. Am I correct in assuming this? Any advice or suggestions is appreciated. Thanks much.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Sep 27 2005, 12:00 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 7,026
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

You could try a hard reset before reflashing.

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

+Quote Post
brianko
post Oct 5 2005, 03:51 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,191
Phone: SMT5600
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: Other

I have the EXACT same problem, which just began yesterday morning. A hard reset won't work for me either...even trying that, I get the same endless loop. Did you find anything at all that worked?

bk

QUOTE (kwan888 @ Sep 26 2005, 12:27 PM)
Hello all,

First time poster.  smile.gif

I just recently got a SMT5600 for ATT. I love the phone, but I've recently run into some issues. I turned off my phone after I had exited the IE browser, but I saw that it was still connected via GPRS. So I decided to turn off my phone to kill the connection. That was a BIG mistake. After I turned it back on, after the Audiovox and Windows Mobile startup splash screens, I will see the mMode splash screen. The phone will then proceed to make several consecutive beeps that go down in volume.

Then I will see a "Configuring Device" screen with a progress bar underneath. Once that goes to 100%, I will get another splash screen. This one says at the top "Cold Boot Config." Then under it says "Alert" and "Please press OK to restart."

I will hit OK to restart, but then the phone will go through the exact same process. Needless to say I have been pulling my hair out trying to fix this.

Here is a list of things I have tried:
I cannot exit the last "Cold Boot Config" screen. I can recieve calls, but cannot make them. I have tried a hard reset, but it solves nothing. I can connect to the phone via USB Activesync.

I figure that mMode is trying to update something, but because I killed the connection prematurely, the file never finished. And it's stuck in a loop trying to update with a corrupted file.

My guess is that I would have to flash with a ATT Rom to fix this issue. Am I correct in assuming this? Any advice or suggestions is appreciated. Thanks much.

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Oct 5 2005, 04:46 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Did you successfully get a Hard Reset? The timing is very difficult to get exact. You press both soft keys, and the power button for 1 1/2 seconds, then release. You should get a message asking to press 0 if you did it correctly. If not, it will just start booting normally. If that happens, take the battery out and try again. It usually takes me 3-4 tries before I get the message to press 0 (or is it 1, I don't remember).

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Oct 5 2005, 08:21 PM
Post #5

Site Administrator

Member No.: 1,609
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HTC

It's zero (0) and it can be a bit tricky to reach.

--------------------
Jim Cleek (Slacker)
Editor / Administrator
Mobile Gadget News

My Gadgets
iPhone 3GS
HTC TyTN II
HTC Wizard
HTC Touch Dual
Motorola MPX220
Motorola MPX200
HP Ipaq 5550

+Quote Post
rayray818
post Jul 28 2007, 03:53 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 15,633
Phone: Cingular 3125
MP3 Player: iPod

does this hard reset work on a cingular 3125 phone and does it help if my phone is stck at the windows mobile splash screen

+Quote Post
rayray818
post Jul 28 2007, 03:57 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 15,633
Phone: Cingular 3125
MP3 Player: iPod

ok i did the hard reset and it says to press 0 but when i do it it just goes back to the splash screen

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Jul 28 2007, 07:10 AM
Post #8

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

Do you have a HTC Typhoon or Feeler, OR the Cingular 3125 that you contacted me about needing to know how to hard reset?

The 3125 procedure is:
Start > Accessories > Clear Storage
Enter 1234 into the text box and then press the YES button.

This clears out EVERYTHING on the phone and sets it all back to defaults.

<OR, what you need if it won't boot>
Power down the phone (pull the battery out if necessary). Then hold both of the "soft buttons", the two dashes above the green dial button and the red hang-up/power button, and while holding them down, press and RELEASE the red hang-up/power button and you will get a message to press 0 to reset to factory settings. Press 0 and it will begin the reinstall.

All the settings will be returned to factory defaults.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:18 AM