Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> XDA Exec on T-Mobile USA roaming triangle issues
sphoeinix
post Feb 17 2006, 04:37 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,812

I know its petty but does any one know how to get rid of the triangle (pyramid) in the upper bar. I have tried the registry changes, changed out my SIM per t-mobile, and upgraded the ROM to the latest... What else am I missing??? When I make a call it states Cingular as my network... Also running WM5

This post has been edited by sphoeinix: Feb 17 2006, 04:38 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
hoss
post Mar 22 2006, 12:08 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (sphoeinix @ Feb 17 2006, 08:37 AM) *
I know its petty but does any one know how to get rid of the triangle (pyramid) in the upper bar. I have tried the registry changes, changed out my SIM per t-mobile, and upgraded the ROM to the latest... What else am I missing??? When I make a call it states Cingular as my network... Also running WM5

I am seeing this exact same issue.. is there any way to fix this at all? It's kind of annoying.

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Mar 22 2006, 12:24 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

It is probably a result of a tower agreement. T-Mobile and Cingular probably have an agreement with the tower you're connected to. A T-Mobile phone would show T-Mobile and a Cingular phone would show Cingular. Since you don't have a Cingular phone it is showing the real ID of the tower, Cingular. You probably aren't really roaming, but since you don't have a T-Mobile phone yours sees the correct tower ID and shows it as Cingular.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
hoss
post Mar 22 2006, 12:34 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 11,576

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Mar 21 2006, 04:24 PM) *
It is probably a result of a tower agreement. T-Mobile and Cingular probably have an agreement with the tower you're connected to. A T-Mobile phone would show T-Mobile and a Cingular phone would show Cingular. Since you don't have a Cingular phone it is showing the real ID of the tower, Cingular. You probably aren't really roaming, but since you don't have a T-Mobile phone yours sees the correct tower ID and shows it as Cingular.

Yeah.. I realize that I'm not actually roaming.. it's just kind of annoying thats all. It is actually showing up as T-Mobile which is correct.. just flashes back and forth between that and Roaming.

+Quote Post
svccardinal
post Aug 14 2006, 08:55 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 13,161
Carrier: T-Mobile

HELP! I just got an XDA Exec and inserted my T-Mobile USA Sim card and the phone keeps getting an error message: Ivalid or missing Sim Card. Please HELP! Please. -Tasha

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Aug 17 2006, 06:37 AM
Post #6

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

Does your SIM work in other phones, make sure that it is seated properly. Is the XDA Exec unlocked, not sure if it would work that way with a T-Mobile US SIM or not.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:26 AM