IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> wmPlayer 10 forgets playlist upon exit, is there a way to make it "stick"?
runningtiger
post Jan 20 2007, 04:09 AM
Post #1

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

I can open a playlist and listen without a problem. But, when I stop listening and close the player it forgets where I was when it's reopened. In fact, when it's reopened the playlist isn't even in memory. I have to go back and reload the playlist each time. What a pain!

Is there a setting that makes it keep your place so when you come back to it you just pick up where you left off?

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jan 20 2007, 03:10 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Are you saying when you go to Menu>Update Library, it does not save that updated library in memory?

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Jan 22 2007, 09:46 PM
Post #3

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

No.

What I'm saying is if I've used wmPlayer to listen to a playlist and stop listening and shutdown the whole program, when I return to the player there is nothing loaded and ready to play. I have to go back to menu>library>my playlists>and choose one. If I select the one I was listening to prior, it does not pick up where I left off. You will inevitably here songs you just heard the time prior, over again. This is a drag when you have long playlists.

Here's the difference. If I load a playlist in to TCPMP that has say 100 songs and I listen to 20 of them and then shutdown TCPMP - when I open the program at a later time to listen again the last song I was listening to is already queued up (possibly right in the middle of song if I shut it down that way) and ready to play. It picks up where I left off and from there plays the remaining 80 songs in the playlist before it starts to repeat (if repeat is enabled).

The only way I've found to start wmPlayer loaded with songs and ready to go is to start a playlist directly and let it open the player. The problem with this is it starts your playlist all over since it doesn't know where you left off. It's not perfect, but it's better than jumping through all those hoops (menus and button pushes) just to get some music playing.

It's a pet peeve of mine I suppose. But, TCPMP certainly does this better. I was trying to get used to wmPlayer 'cuz I found a skin I like for it. I may have to forgo the cool looking player (wmPlayer with skin) for the more functional one (TCPMP).

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:25 AM