smeg36
post Feb 28 2006, 03:45 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

The RAM of the 700w is probably its biggest drawback. There are a few easy things you can do to keep your RAM at a relatively decent level. Doing these four easy steps can drastically increase the available RAM you have thereby decreasing the problems you run into.

1) Turn off Voice Command. Unless you use it non-stop and can't go without it, leave Voice Command turned off. You can easily turn it on when you need it by pressing the hardware button you associated with it (I used the side button below the volume buttons). It will save you at least 1.36 MB if it is off.

2) Disconnect from data. Even a dormant data connection uses RAM. I got about 1 MB of RAM back when I disconnected a dormant data connection.

3) Soft reset. I soft reset my 700w at least once a day. I know this shouldn't be a solution that you should have to do, and hopefully updates from Palm and Verizon can limit the RAM used even on a fresh device at first boot. Until then resetting once a day can help.

4) Close any running programs that you don't need running. I leave Activesync and Messaging running at all times to grab my email from an Exchange server. If you press and hold the OK button, the Memory setting will come up and you can close all running programs. Another option is to download the CloseAll app attached to this post. You can place it on the device by opening the Explore window of Activesync and going to My Device/Windows/Start Menu/Programs. Then go to Start/Settings/Personal/Buttons and set the Option + OK program assignment to CloseAll. Now when you press and hold the OK button all running programs will be terminated.
Attached File(s)
Attached File  CloseAll.zip ( 2.93K ) Number of downloads: 542

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Feb 28 2006, 04:30 AM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Well is this one CON as oppossed to the I730?

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Feb 28 2006, 05:30 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Yes. It will be at the top of the list, number 1, on my Cons list in the Pros and Cons of the i730 vs. the 700w.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:43 PM