Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> "Tune-up" for HP iPAQ h6315
6315_user
post May 26 2007, 01:56 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,365

Trying to hang onto my $500 investment for at least another year or two (purchased 9/'04).

In that regard, any references, specific suggestions, etc. on how I can "tune-up" my 6315 (i.e., restore/improve the performance) would be greatly appreciated (probably by others also).

Undesirable symptoms that have developed include slow response time; e.g., switching from the phone pad screen to the call history screen takes on average 5 to 10 seconds - other operations are similarly slow - also am experiencing daily lock-ups (including during calls!) requiring the infamous soft reset - have 7.84M storage and 16.91M program at the moment - moved non-essential add-on programs to storgae card a while ago - only thing done relatively recent to problem developing/getting worse (although not immediately afterward, but weeks later) was installing Netfront 3.3. browser (which works pretty well) - is my phone just on its last leg?

Am thinking may need to back-up to PC and then hard reset, upload back-up and reinstall programs - time-consuming and aggravating - hope there are other less significant options.

(Anyone think the "Wing" is a viable replacement? <the cost is just as bad>)

Thanks for responses
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post May 26 2007, 02:28 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Wow, my wife wishes I could hold on to a device as long as you've already had the 6315! I've found that every 3-4 months or so I end up doing a hard reset for one reason or another, usually because of slowdowns or lockups. I think it's just the best way to make sure your device runs at full speed. It's not fun because of how long it takes to do, but it's the only fool proof method I know of to ensure your device is always running at maximum potential.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:55 PM