IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any luck or help installing Voice Commands on Cingular 2125, Help will be appreciated!
Faraday
post May 27 2006, 01:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,268
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: HP iPAQ

Guys, did you have any experience installing Voice Commands on Cingular 2125 (aka HTC Faraday), not the Voice Tags, but Microsoft Voice Commands or other speech recognition?

I have tried installing Microsoft Voice Command 1.5, it unpacked CAB file but generated an error. I installed latest upgrade to Voice Command from M$ site, and it refused to install at all (feeding me with "incompatible device" error).

Is there a problem with 2125 that makes Voice Command incompatible with a device?

Has sombody tried to install M$ Voice Command on Cingular 8125?

Are there any other packages that do the same as M$ Voice Command? I tried one, but it had a real problem recognizing even "yes" and "no" words.

Thank you very much for your help! cool.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post May 27 2006, 01:31 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

There is a version of MS Voice Command for the Smartphone, but I don't think it's been released yet. Is the version you were trying to install for Pocket PC devices? If so, it won't work on the 2125, a WM Smartphone device.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
Faraday
post May 27 2006, 06:08 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (smeg36 @ May 27 2006, 01:31 AM) *
There is a version of MS Voice Command for the Smartphone, but I don't think it's been released yet. Is the version you were trying to install for Pocket PC devices? If so, it won't work on the 2125, a WM Smartphone device.

Thank you, smeg36!

The thing is that there seems to be just one version of Voice Command, and System Requirements say it is for ppc 2003 devices. But there are lots of posts on the net stating that Voice Command works on WM Smartphone, like this one:

With Windows Mobile 5.0, device makers now have the option of integrating Microsoft's Voice Command utility into their Pocket PCs and Smartphones, allowing users to dial a phone number by speaking an individual's name in Contacts. In addition, this feature will announce incoming calls and upcoming appointments, and lets you control applications with voice commands. These capabilities were previously available via user-installed programs. It's now built into the system.

http://www.pocketpcmag.com/_archives/jul05/winmobile.aspx

Also, some people claim they installed Voice Command on their smartphones, but do not give out details.

Even the mobile-related sites say that Voice Command is available for smartphones, like this one, which explicitly states that Cingular 2125 has voice dialing and voice commands.
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=800

So I thought: is it something wrong with my device or with information on the net? huh.gif

This post has been edited by Faraday: May 27 2006, 06:08 PM

+Quote Post
smeg36
post May 27 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Nope, it isn't available for purchase for Smartphones. I'm not sure if any Smartphones have the MS Voice Command software built into them, but several do have the ability to be controlled through voice commands using other apps, like VoiceSignal or Fonix Voicedial.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
Faraday
post May 28 2006, 05:09 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (smeg36 @ May 27 2006, 07:04 PM) *
Nope, it isn't available for purchase for Smartphones. I'm not sure if any Smartphones have the MS Voice Command software built into them, but several do have the ability to be controlled through voice commands using other apps, like VoiceSignal or Fonix Voicedial.

Thank you very much again, smeg36! smile.gif

VoiceSignal is not available for WM 5.0 as I can see.

I tried Fonix Voicedial and it works much better than other voice recognition I've tried before.
I think I will stick to Fonix Voicedial, it is pretty cheap and works nice.
http://www.smartphone.net/software_detail.asp?id=1784

Thank you very much again! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:50 AM