Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Engadget has acquired some exclusive footage of Samsung's new Ultra Messaging device, which is going to be hitting Asian shelves in short order. What's so special about this particular brand of i600? Check out the interface. This could be a build of Windows Mobile beyond the now-current 6.0. If this is where WinMo's headed, people could get excited. I like the email panel. Read and see more at Engadget

Attached Image

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Feb 23 2007, 10:42 PM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

One of the primary things that attracted me to Smartphones was seeing my calendar and tasks on the homescreen. (And, of course, the extremely easy contacts management between my computer and phone.)

It seems like the homescreens are getting away from these features and making it more of a pleasure device than work-a-day. Maybe that's to be expected as the phones go "main-stream" instead of just enterprise primarily. In the photos at the above link, the homescreen has easy access to music, photos, messages etc. But, I don't see the calendar and tasks info on the screen...without clicking on something so they can be read. I hope it's not going by the wayside. I wonder if there will be some sort of check off box (like PPCs have) for what you want to see on your homescreen to make it easy to customize if you want a setup more for work or play?

I'm also not sold on the horizontal screen thing...yet. Comparing what I see on my i-mate SP5m vertical screen vs. my MDA horizontal screen...I'll take the vertical screen any day. More information is displayed so there is waaaaaaay less scrolling (from what I've compared).

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Feb 24 2007, 12:28 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 7,026
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

The interface is what amazes me....if you are able to customize each one of the modules to display what you want or at least have a module that you can custimize and the ablity to add more would make this great. I can image this on my 8525 and just using the scroll wheel to navigate to the module I want and pushing the wheel inward to select it or open something that it controls, etc etc. Looks promising.

EDIT: After looking at these pictures more closely it looks like its just plain ol WM5, the non vistash windows logo on the start button and the white line on top of the start button and quick list button is giving it away. Some else pointed out the white bar.....looks like an advanced plugin made by Samsung.

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

+Quote Post
micaels
post Mar 4 2007, 11:53 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,623
Phone: Motorola Q
Carrier: Other
PocketPC: HTC
PMC: Other

That's just the customizations that samsung has put into the i600. If you look at pdagold.com review of the i600 you will notice the customisation of windows mobile 5.

--------------------
Phone(s): SPV C100; HP IPAQ 614; Q9; Nokia N95 8GB; HTC Advantage
PDA: Dell Axim X51v:
PMP(S): iPod Classic 160 GB; Ipod Shuffle 1G 1GB
Mobile acessories: Huawei E220; Novatell Wireless 3G cards; Stoaway Bluetooth keyboard

+Quote Post
abatis
post Mar 4 2007, 01:16 PM
Post #5

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

For those who are curious what WM6 looks like the Windows Mobile 6 SDKs including emulators for various screen layouts are available. You will need Visual Studio to run the SDK. Visual Studio 2005 still has a trial period available.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:36 AM