2 star: Below average; not recommended
3 star: Average; performs as advertised but not inspiring
4 star: Good; worth the money
5 star: Great; best of its kind on the market

Review by Smeg36
Review Date / March 5th, 2007

Attached Image

Intro

The secret is out. There's no point in trying to hide it; I'm a fanatic for Vaja cases. They have style, customization, and sleek designs. They offer a variety of cases for most situations and individuals, and give some of the highest quality cases to protect your devices. I've already reviewed the Classic case for the Motorola Q, one of the other series in the Vaja Motorola Q line. The i-volution Top offers the same quality build and style, with a little more protection.

Attached Image

Design

The i-volution Top is obviously one of Vaja's i-volution line of cases; high quality leather wrapped around a solid material to provide a stiff shell to protect your device. It holds the device with tabs that grip the top and bottom of the phone. There is a cover for the front of the phone that flips back to reveal the whole exposed front of the phone. The phone can be used, and most functions available, with the case closed. There is a cut-out in the front case to reveal the soft keys, home and back keys, call keys, and d-pad. A clear plastic covers the screen, protecting it while providing access. If the thumb board isn't needed, all functions of the phone can be used with the case closed, protecting the phone.

Attached Image

Customizable

As with all Vaja cases there are numerous options available, ranging from colors, belt clips, and name personalization. Vaja boasts that going to the Vaja Choice website, there are over 1,000 possible combinations of customization. That's enough options to satisfy almost everyone.

Attached Image

Issues?

Similar to the issues of the Classic Case, the screen cover of the i-volution Top is easily scratched. I also found the top to be somewhat difficult to flip open, especially if using one hand. It is a magnetic closure, which is great. But it is a very tight fit, causing some difficulty for opening.

Attached Image

Conclusion

The i-volution Top has a great design, as would be expected from a Vaja case. It offers Vaja's typical level of quality and customizable options. The enhanced protection offered will satisfy those who are worried about damaging their phone, but want a high quality case option. The easily scratched plastic covering the screen and difficulty in opening the top posed minor problems, more an annoyance than a real issue. Despite that, the i-volution top oozes quality and style, and is one to seriously consider for those wanting to have ultimate protection of their device.

Attached Image

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:23 PM