califmilkman
post Jan 13 2007, 12:39 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,535
Phone: Motorola Q
Carrier: Verizon
PocketPC: Dell

Anyone with an idea or had the experience of a 5600 with no sound. I was trying out on a cingular prepay and worked well for a while but suddenly no incoming call sound. It makes no difference if I toggle from speakerphone to earpiece still nothing. The other party hears me just fine and if I sync a bluetooth headset then I can hear the caller normally. I tried using a toothpick into the headphone jack to see if any thing was stuck and performed a hard reset. Phone looks in perfect condition and has never been dropped by me. Really I will most likely stick with Verizon for service but still hate to discard a rather cool size phone like this.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jan 13 2007, 03:58 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

It sounds like you may have a hardware issue on your hands. If you've tried a hard reset and still can't hear any sound from either the speakerphone or earpiece you most likely have a wire loose somewhere. At first I was thinking the system volume was just turned completely down or off, but if it remains that way after a hard reset that isn't the case. You are talking about using the reset program on the phone, not just turning it off and back on, right?

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
califmilkman
post Jan 14 2007, 01:12 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,535
Phone: Motorola Q
Carrier: Verizon
PocketPC: Dell

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jan 12 2007, 07:58 PM) *
It sounds like you may have a hardware issue on your hands. If you've tried a hard reset and still can't hear any sound from either the speakerphone or earpiece you most likely have a wire loose somewhere. At first I was thinking the system volume was just turned completely down or off, but if it remains that way after a hard reset that isn't the case. You are talking about using the reset program on the phone, not just turning it off and back on, right?

Many thanks for the response
Yes a complete loss of everything installed programs, settings, sync items.
Strange thing is that the phone is in absolutely like new condition so must be some sort of production problem with this one. Not sure if I am wild about cracking open the case but then not a lot to loose unless I ebay it "as is" with the problem.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:24 AM