MGN Rating -

Rating Legend

1 star: Find something else; save your money
2 star: Below average; not recommended
3 star: Average; performs as advertised but not inspiring
4 star: Good; worth the money
5 star: Great; best of its kind on the market

Overview

HeroCraft's Hexxagon Labs is their latest brain teaser based on playing against the best American and European professors brains that were implanted in the game’s artificial intellect system. The tactical logic game includes 17 original hard-to-solve levels. Once you beat a level, one of the professors trapped in the artificial intellect system lets lose with a tidbit of wisdom. After I conquered one level I was informed that dynamite is made from peanuts. I thought that has to be total bunk. I looked it up and it is true. For the review I installed the game on a Samsung i760 PocketPC Phone running Windows Mobile 6.0. Smartphone, Palm and other systems are also supported. Of course we only care about Windows Mobile here.

If you get tired of being tortured by the mad professors you will have an opportunity to play Hexxagon Labs with one or two friends using only one device! The MGN video above shows a segment where you select Hot Seat. That turns the artificial intelligence off and sets you up to play your human opponent(s).

Install

You can download the CAB file over air or to your PC and install to your Windows Mobile Device. I installed the game to my SD card and it plays fine with minimum resource usage.

Graphics

Sharp 2D graphics make for nice game play. The science messages can be a little tricky to read with the font used but everything is distorted by the diabolical minds of the professors.

Attached ImageAttached Image

Sound

Sound can be enabled or disabled from a screen selection. Sounds are simple and crisp sounding.

Overall Rating

Hexxagon Labs by Herocraft is a keeper for me. The game is fun and challenging. I found myself going back and replaying a level to try improve my score against the mad professors. This is my favorite Herocraft game to date. The game includes 3 bonus tutorial levels and is reasonably priced at $14.96. I think it is worth a try and with a free demo you can't loose - except against the artificial intellect system.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
snowywinterr
post Mar 22 2010, 06:35 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,708

Nice sharing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:53 AM