Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Phone keeps searching for network after no signal
imroy
post Jan 24 2005, 08:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,757

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone of you have the same problem.

When I got into the evalator or basement or areas don't have phone signal. My phone still keep searching for the network (T-mobile). I've to go to iPAQ Wireless and disable the phone function and enable it again in order to pick up the signal. FYI, I got full signal after I did that. Does any one of you have the same problem?

Do you know if HP have a patch on that?

Thanks,
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Jan 24 2005, 09:47 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

QUOTE (imroy @ Jan 24 2005, 03:55 PM)
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone of you have the same problem.

When I got into the evalator or basement or areas don't have phone signal. My phone still keep searching for the network (T-mobile). I've to go to iPAQ Wireless and disable the phone function and enable it again in order to pick up the signal. FYI, I got full signal after I did that. Does any one of you have the same problem?

Do you know if HP have a patch on that?

Thanks,

It is a very common issue that I think all encounter, I have been hearing for a few months that HP is "working" on a patch to fix that and the Bluetooth issues, but have yet to see any results...

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
6315_user
post Jan 26 2007, 12:35 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,365

Strangely enough, I have recently started having this problem too (HP iPAQ h6315, T-Mobile) - kind of coincided with a new work locale in which I get undesirable to no phone reception although you would expect much better based on the location. I already started seeing a similar problem with bluetooth handsfree connect, which I discussed in a previous post and think is related to use of the Mortsaver application.

I've got all the latest known upgrade/patches. Could this be an indication that the typical 2 year life of my c-phones is about up? It is really aggravating and even more so is having the phone in the belt case sitting in the office only to discover that I have no phone signal (and wonder how long has it have been disconnected from the network - another commercial theme?) - anyway, after such discovery, I sometimes have to off/on the phone function as "imroy" originally posted. Also aggravating is that I seem to be having more dropped calls while on the road - is this a T-mobile issue too (historically, I have had undesirable weak signal locations, like home, work, family or friend's house, etc.)?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:01 PM