IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recording video on miniSD card. Did somebody try this?, Need help choosing proper miniSD card.
Faraday
post May 31 2006, 02:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,268
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: HP iPAQ

Guys, I am going to get a miniSD card for 2125. The question is - how fast should it be?

Did somebody try to record video on miniSD card? Did you experience decrease of quality in comparison with recording to phone memory?

There are 2 GB available on the market with 60x (9 Mbps) speed, but only 1 GB cards with 150x (15 Mbps) speed that I could find.

My concern is - will the slower 60x card reduce the video speef rate (fps and quality, correspondingly)?

Thank you very much! smile.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post May 31 2006, 03:21 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

The speed of the miniSD slot isn't fast enough to require a high speed card. Pretty much the only benefit of getting one it to read/write faster in a card reader. The difference in speed between the phone memory and the miniSD memory is negligible, and shouldn't make any noticeable difference when recording video.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
Faraday
post Jun 1 2006, 12:10 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 12,268
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: HP iPAQ

Thank you, smeg36! smile.gif

BTW, the MP3 player on the phone is descent! smile.gif Also, it's good that all audio formats (including Voice Notes) are compatible with Windows software.

It would be good though if WM allowed to connect the phone to PC as an external hard drive. It uses standard microUSB cable anyway. Installing ActiveSync on all computers is a headache. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Someone99
post Jun 12 2006, 04:36 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 12,045
Phone: Cingular 8125
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: Other
MP3 Player: Other
PMC: Other

I got the SDA and I bought the 2Gb for viideos and pictures. No problem! I also connect the phone to a couple of computers with no problem. You don't need active sync if you just want to copy files. However, you need active sync to synchronize outlook.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:58 AM