post Nov 12 2006, 03:31 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,058
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Other
PocketPC: Other
PMC: Other

Maybe somebody knows what could be the problem. When I try to sign in throught MSN messenger on my T-Mobile SDA, it starts connecting but in the end it gives a message: Sign-in to MSN Messenger Service failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Try again later.

Maybe I should update my MSN or something? Before I updated to the new ROM everything was working fine.

The IE works fine thought, opens pages etc.. blink.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rosieposie
post Nov 12 2006, 04:53 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,744

I'm having the same problem as you today, and this is the first time its failed to sign in all year. I went onto the msntroubleshoot and read what it said to alter it and I tried to fix it but its still being stupid. ohmy.gif I'm going to wait until tommorrow to try and sign in again I think. dry.gif

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Nov 13 2006, 04:40 AM
Post #3

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

It seems that you may be having the same problems that a few other people I know and talk to are having. I posted about it in the Cingular Wireless forum since I thought I would start there as it could have been carrier specific, but it looks as if it isn't.

My theory is that they are cutting things over for Windows Live Messenger mobile, and this is causing a disruption with the MSN mobile services. I was able to login using Agile Messenger, and also able to get on just fine with the Windows Live Messenger Beta. Rumor has it that it is going public this week sometime. Sorry that I can't help other than recommend getting the Agile beta and using that until the WLM mobile becomes public. Hope this helps.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Nov 13 2006, 10:40 PM
Post #4

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

My phone (i-mate SP5m) is the same phone as the SDA (just not T-Mobile branded). A difference would be my phone is running the i-mate ROM.

I saw Gryphon's post the other day that he and his boss could not sign on to MSN messenger so I decided to try it out. I set up an account and have had no problems using the service since.

I sign on by selecting Pocket MSN on the start menu then the first option is MSN Messenger. That brings up the sign on screen so I press the joystick in and it signs me in. No problem. I just did it as I was typing this to verify it's working TODAY and it is. My phone is on the Cingular network.

I've never used this service on my laptop so I just went to MSN.com to install the messenger service and the download is for "Windows Live Messenger" and says nothing about beta.

The service I'm logging on to from my phone and using successfully is the one that came built into the ROM from the get go.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Nov 14 2006, 03:40 AM
Post #5

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

Oh, the WLM that is in beta is for the phone. WLM for the PC has been in swing for a while, but they are incoorporating A LOT into this whole Windows Live concept that can be completly accessable from any Windows device (i.e. PC, Smartphone, PocketPC...).

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:10 PM