Group: Senior Admin
Member No.: 1
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: iPod Nano
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: murphy dot sean at g mail dot com

So if you think you have what it takes you can build a business from the ground up with this game for the SmartPhone that comes on the CD with your MPx200 phone or is available at HandAnGo.com. The basic concept is simple, build a Lemonade business, upgrade your equipment, upgrade your location, and build a happy loyal customer base. No problem I thought.

There seems to be two versions of this game out there, lemonade Inc. and Lemonade Tycoon. I can not find any information on what is different between the two to date.

Game play includes some interesting features like 5 locations to rent to sell your goods, an upgradeable stand with upgradeable equipment, multiple customer types and the ability to control your business from one end to the other. You can adjust you recipe, pricing structure, advertising budget, sales location, and more.

I found the game a bit frustrating to start though, it seemed that until I figured out a few strategies, I was not going anywhere. One day my customers were happy, the next they were not and I didn’t see how the recipe from today didn’t make it yesterday. Soon I figured out that if you (skip to the next paragraph if you want to struggle through on your own) wanted to keep people happy you had to lower you ice content and price on colder days and raise them on hot days when the demand would be higher. Before long I was running a well-oiled expanding business.

I took me about 2 hours to go from my original $40 to a full blown lemon shaped stand in the mall with $20 a day advertising that doubled my daily investment and the money began to sky rocket. Luckily I got it in that amount of time though because this game will eat your battery on your MPx200 in that amount of time too.

Over all I found the graphics good for a phone based game and the playability was fine. You can play in two different modes, open-ended games and 30-day challenges depending on your level of time commitment. I found that once I had a business that had every upgrade and a constantly growing cash the game lost some of it’s luster and I am probably not going to waste another battery on it. I may dabble a bit more just to see how high the bank will grow before it stops accumulating money but the challenge is now gone.

Lemonade Tycoon is available from Handango for $7.95 and Lemonade Inc is available on the software CD that comes with every MPx200 phone.

--------------------
Sean Murphy
Editor
Mobile Gadget News

Main Devices - Cingular 8125, Sony/Ericsson GC83 Edge Card, PSP, Creative ZEN PMC, iPod Nano, Mobile Crossing BT GPS
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:32 PM