Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,045
Phone: Cingular 8125
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: Other
MP3 Player: Other
PMC: Other

I have the SDA and a 2 GB mini-SD card. I made the card as my default storage for pictures and videos.

However, I don't know how to make it default storage for Outlook. I receive 300 emails per day and the phone uses the internal memory for storage of MS-Exchange data.

In addition, I like to use the SD card for storage of windows explorer temporary files.

Currently my phone keeps running out of 'storage' because outlook and IE history keeps filling up my memory. .. and I have 1.9GB free on my storage card!!

BLUETOOTH:
Does anyone know to make MP3 and other windows media sounds to come thorugh the bluetooth headset instead of the phone? It works for wired headsets but not Bluetooth. T-Mobile customer service said that the Bluetooth headset can only be used for phone converstaions. Not windows media sound. I just don't believe them though!! rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Someone99: Jun 12 2006, 04:52 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jun 12 2006, 12:37 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

To answer your last question first, believe them. For once, customer service is right. The SDA only supports the headset profile, not the hands-free required to play all sounds. Second, you can't really store emails on the storage card. They really don't use that much space unless there are large attachments on them. There is a registry hack that will allow you to store the temp IE files on the card though. If you aren't familiar or comfortable with hacking your registry, you could try Tweaks2k, which can do many hacks without you having to go to the registry.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
Someone99
post Jun 13 2006, 12:45 AM
Post #3

Thanks!. Unfortunatley I receive way too much email. I am configured to only sync the last 3 days of email and that is still a lot. A collegaue has the MDA and has a setting to store attachments on the mini SD. I cannot find the same setting on the SDA. I will look for the hacking to move temp internet files to the SD card too.

ANy hack about the bluetooth? sad.gif

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jun 13 2006, 12:57 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

I don't think there's any hack. It's a result of the MS BT stack the phone uses. It doesn't support the profile. Someone somewhere may know how to load the Widcomm stack on it, but it would be complicated and probably not work very well. My Motorola Q has the Widcomm stack by default, and it does support the hands-free profile. I don't really like it though, I turned it off.

The PPC version of WM does allow you to store attachments on a storage card. The Smartphone version doesn't. Tweaks2k2 appear to have a hack to move the Inbox to the storage card though. I've never personally tried it. I'd be interested to hear your results.

--------------------

+Quote Post
vipa1887
post Jun 13 2006, 02:07 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 12,395
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: None

i saw some program on ebay called "bluecast" which will allow you to play music on your bluetooth headset..check it out

+Quote Post
Someone99
post Jun 13 2006, 02:37 AM
Post #6

I will check "Bluecast". thanks.

Smeg, how is the Q? My boss is with VerizonW and is getting that one. He says it'll be better than my SDA or the MDAs.

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jun 13 2006, 02:54 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

There's also a free program called BlueTunes. I don't know if it works on the SDA though. With these programs you'll have to start and activate the program in order to get sounds to go through them, and the headset will be constantly connected to the phone.

I love my Q. It's probably one of, if not the, best PDA/phone I've ever used. If you don't absolutely need the full functionality of a PPC (as I discovered I didn't), it's a great little device.

--------------------

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Jun 13 2006, 07:40 AM
Post #8

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

I've tried both Bluecast & BlueTunes on my Motorola MPx220 and neither worked 'cuz the version of Bluetooth on my phone is 1.1 and I think these programs need version 1.2 to function. I'm not certain if that's the same thing as supporting A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile). I've seen that mentioned also. Hopefully your phone has the right specs!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jun 13 2006, 02:28 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

I does work with BT 1.1, just not the MPx220. The MPx220 has a slightly strange BT stack. A little different than other Smartphones. I guess that's because it isn't made by HTC like almost all the others, inlcuding the SDA, are.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Someone99
post Jun 13 2006, 04:30 PM
Post #10

Smeg,

I just finished setting up my boss' Motorola Q, as he brought it in today. I liked it. In fact I really like the fact that it has the track wheel on the side. (I am a ex-blackberry guy!) And the keyboard is small enough to use it with one hand while driving. ( that was the main reason I went with the SDA instead of the MDA)

Anyhow, I still like my SDA. If only I could figure how to store attachments, outlook data and temporary internet files on the mini SD and NOT the phone. The message that it is running out of available storage is annoying. Not to mention that it prevents me from browsing web sites... mad.gif

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jun 13 2006, 05:26 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Check out the link for Tweaks2k2 above, it will do all that. Do you have any programs, photos, music, or rings stored on the phone? Almost everything should be installed to the miniSD instead of the phone. Also, occasionally clear the temp internet files in PIE to reclaim some space.

--------------------

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Jun 13 2006, 06:17 PM
Post #12

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jun 13 2006, 07:28 AM) *
I does work with BT 1.1, just not the MPx220. The MPx220 has a slightly strange BT stack. A little different than other Smartphones. I guess that's because it isn't made by HTC like almost all the others, inlcuding the SDA, are.
Thanks for setting me straight on that Smeg. That's the first time I've seen it said like that. I sooooooooooooo wish there was a way to make it work on the 220. Getting tunes put through to my BT headset is one of the reasons I covet the StarTrek. Thanks again for the insight.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
The German SDA M...
post Jun 30 2006, 06:36 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 12,726
Phone: HTC Typhoon
PocketPC: None

hi, i hope the can help you to be your BT headphone problem.

You need a littel Programm. I can give you the Link to the Page wink.gif

bluetunes

excuse my bad english... im not use english frequetly.

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Aug 17 2006, 06:30 AM
Post #14

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

I have not tried BlueTunes or BlueCast, so I don't know if they work with the SDA, or not.

I have tried, and use, a free download called BTAudioToggle on my i-mate SP5m (same as SDA). Once activated, all sounds from the phone are passed to the BT headset. This means if you have special ringtones setup for certain people, workgroups, etc. - you will be able to hear them. If you use any programs that chime as a reminder...it will come through the headset. This is a welcome change IMHO.

Without BTAudioToggle, using just a BT headset (at least mine) all you hear in your ear when the phone rings is the headset's special ring. My headset (Plantronics 640) doesn't use the phone's ringtone. So, I'm quite pleased with BTAudioToggle giving me back my specialized ringtones!!! And, of course, I also am pleased to have music sent over to my BT as well AND not missing my reminders!!

Oh, also, the program does not interfere with voice dialing via BT. It works great!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:19 AM