Shadoe_Lance
post Dec 23 2005, 01:53 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,798
Phone: HP iPAQ h6500
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: Other

Does anyone know how to move things like favorites, contacts, and other non essential files to the storage card and have the system still be able to access them?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Dec 23 2005, 02:28 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

You can't. Those items take up such a small amount of space that it doesn't really matter if they are stored on the phone memory. The files you really need to make sure are on the storage card are rings, video clips, applications, and music.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
stormj
post Dec 27 2005, 08:40 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,295
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: HTC

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Dec 23 2005, 07:28 AM)
You can't.  Those items take up such a small amount of space that it doesn't really matter if they are stored on the phone memory.  The files you really need to make sure are on the storage card are rings, video clips, applications, and music.

Except you can, or at least you will be able to.

http://www.modaco.com/IMPORTANT_Pocket_IE_...ch-t231188.html

Contains a CAB file that will let you move your cache IE files to the card, and the author is working on one for favorites and others.

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Dec 28 2005, 02:55 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 7,026
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

Well you have always been able to move Favorites and the cache to the storage card, but I do not think you can move contacts to the storage card.

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

+Quote Post
ActionGreg
post Aug 4 2007, 01:44 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 15,664
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: iPod Video
PMC: Other

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Dec 23 2005, 06:28 AM) *
You can't. Those items take up such a small amount of space that it doesn't really matter if they are stored on the phone memory. The files you really need to make sure are on the storage card are rings, video clips, applications, and music.

You can. Without a special program either. I use the HTC 8525. start/programs/file explorer/my device/pim. this file "pim" holds this info such as your contacts. you can either beam this file, or copy it to your storage card.
once it is copied to your new phone, you need to move the pre existing pim file. difficult because it is in use. cut and paste it into the temp folder under device. now you can cut and paste your pim file from the my documents folder into the device folder. restart the phone. it should boot form the pim file with all your contacts. now you can delete the pim file in the temp folder.

I hope this helps. I only used it for the contacts. I dont know what it will do with the other non essential files

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:48 PM