Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Convince me.. either way.. please
richinlaf
post Nov 2 2004, 04:15 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,858

I am about an hour or two away from ordering the Voq from Mobile Planet.

I have seen mixed reviews on this phone, but would like to hear from actual users about it's advantages and disadvantages.... Please convince me that this is either the right or wrong phone to buy...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mbhelfman
post Nov 2 2004, 04:22 PM
Post #2

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 470

I have not seen or used the phone, but to me, no bluetooth, no way....

+Quote Post
Sean
post Nov 2 2004, 06:51 PM
Post #3

Site Founder
Group Icon

Group: Senior Admin
Member No.: 1
Phone: Cingular Blackjack
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: iPod Nano
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: murphy dot sean at g mail dot com

MGN editor Abatis uses one and he LOVES it, he says it is the best built phone out there right now. To me, Bluetooth is also a show stopper but other than that I would be happy to use one.

--------------------
Sean Murphy
Editor
Mobile Gadget News

Main Devices - Cingular 8125, Sony/Ericsson GC83 Edge Card, PSP, Creative ZEN PMC, iPod Nano, Mobile Crossing BT GPS

+Quote Post
richinlaf
post Nov 2 2004, 07:17 PM
Post #4

I will let you all know my opinion of it either tomorrow or Thursday when I recieve it..

Bluetooth was not a stopper for me because, quite frankly, I don't need it. While it would be nice to have a wireless earpiece, I don't really have the need for one. I really don't know what else I would use Bluetooth for.

+Quote Post
abatis
post Nov 2 2004, 07:30 PM
Post #5

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

I will throw my two cents in - it is a very good phone and the reception is the best of any GSM phone I have tried. I also have a I-Mate PDA2K and I am using a Motorola HS810 Bluetooth headset with the PDA2K. It is handy but not a major feature for me when compared against a good wired headset. I like the wifi on the PDA. Anyway, the Voq is still my main phone with the PDA for documents and spreadsheets on the road, and wifi.
The Voq is fairly rugged, I would not want to drop the PDA2K from ear level. I think the Voq would take it.
The other thing about the Voq is all the software actually works. The built in voice command is really good.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
SatanX
post Nov 2 2004, 11:50 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 5,106

Let me say this, you made a good choice and will be impressed. I do more emails and instant messaging on my phone now due to having a qwerty keyboard on the phone. My old SPV E100 I would email but it would take forever to type it in.

+Quote Post
sclui56
post Nov 3 2004, 01:29 AM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,021

richinlaf, if you don't mind the lack of BT, then I believe you'll be happy with the unit (assuming you like the candybar format). Having said that, I have been using my MPx220 almost exclusively wink.gif because I want to be able to use my B/T headset.

Having said that, I'll be putting mine up for sale because I really don't need too many devices around to serve similar purpose (making sure my wife doesn;t find this forum), besides, I also want to get the PDA2k, and will replace the Treo600 with the 650 soon as they ship the GSM version.

In the end, the Voq is a solid piece of equipment, no question about that.

+Quote Post
richinlaf
post Nov 3 2004, 05:07 PM
Post #8

OK, I recieved the phone and currently have it charging. Do I really need to leave it 12 hours? It is plugged in at my office, which I will be leaving in about 7 hours. I would like to take it home with me.

I went through and set the time, made a call, etc.. but have not had a chance to set up GPRS, Mail, etc.. I noticed on the box that it has a red sticker that says: 'Includes VoqMail Professional Edition License'. I ordered the personal edition, and paid for the personal edition.. How do I find out if it really has the license. I see no piece of paper with that on it, but I am sure I can tell by the software in the phone, just don't know where to look.

+Quote Post
richinlaf
post Nov 3 2004, 05:32 PM
Post #9

OK, this is my first time using a Smartphone and I must say I am impressed...

However, I need help. I found the following thread: http://www.mpx200.org/index.php?name=PNphp...iewtopic&t=1833

Do all of these need to be added? If so, where?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:27 AM