IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My first days with the PPC4100 (Part 3: the 1 H/W button)
reydiodj
post Jun 22 2004, 07:06 PM
Post #1

MS-MVP / Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Senior Admin
Member No.: 39
Phone: Dopod s300
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Other
PMC: Creative Zen

So, in the Buttons assignment screen, it indicates that there is one button, which neither I nor the folks over at PocketPCReviews.net could locate.

However, "jhd" over at the ATT Wireless Customer Forums figured out that the button on the single earbud/microphone set is that one button and how to use it for Voice Command:

1. a quick push takes you to the dialer and another one dials your last number
2. a longer push initiates voice command
3. a push and hold for a little bit does step one all in 1 motion...places the last number called, then another push allows you to hang up the call.

- woo-hoo! I am so used to having Voice Command on my XDA that it wasn't funny not to be able to use it on the PPC4100!

--------------------
Rey Flores
Microsoft MVP: Windows - Mobile Devices
Editor Emeritus - MGN
Blogs: Reydio Static / Smartphone & PPC Magazine Expert Blog
Chair: http://www.mobilecomputingsig.com
Board of Experts: http://www.PocketPCmag.com/awards
Mobile Community Series Co-Host: http://www.computeroutlook.com

Primary Devices: T-Mobile Dash
Alternate Devices: Sidekick 3/i-mate JASJAR
Mobile Accessories: Aliph Jawbone/Samsung WEP200/Scala 500, ALK Co-Pilot GPS receiver, Stowaway Bluetooth Keyboard, Microsoft Zune, Sony PSP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
post Jun 23 2004, 02:16 PM
Post #2

Group:
Member No.: 0

Have you been able to get Voice Command to actually work?!? I have not. When I reset, I get the message saying "Voice Command is now Ready", and then when I push and hold the button, I get the voice command tone, but no microphone icon, and zero responsiveness to my voice. If you got this to work, please tell me, as AudioVox claims it is a known porblem/incompatibility with their device and VoiceCommand, and MS has been of no help at all.

+Quote Post
FrankieFiero
post Jun 23 2004, 04:58 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,631
Phone: SMT5600
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HP iPAQ

I was wondering where that button was... I'll have to give that a try later.

--------------------
SMT5600 on AT&Tingular Blue
HP iPaq rz3715
RoyalTek Bluetooth GPS
OnCourse Navigator 4 (PPC)

+Quote Post
cwdavi1
post Jul 2 2004, 06:41 AM
Post #4

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,911

I have two new questions on the PPC4100. First, why didn't anyone tell me about that $224.99 presale offer? I just found out about it and had to pay AT&T $350 for it. I placed my order this afternoon and was told that they're getting low on them.

Next does anyone have any information on the usb driver this device has. I own a Toshiba e755 that I bought intending to use it with a usb GPS device. After much frustration I found out that Toshiba didn't build a full usb driver in Windows Mobile 2003 that came installed. After much searching I did find a driver that will work with the e755 and Windows Mobile 2002 but not with 2003. I'm expecting to have the same problem with the PPC4100 and can't see paying $200 or so for a different GPS device that works fine with my laptop. If anyone has any advice on this I'd appreciate it very much. I'm getting too old and feeble to lug my 10 pound laptop (plus all the junk that goes with it) around and was hoping to get a Pocket PC that would weigh much less.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th March 2024 - 05:17 AM