IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Are both "E"s in the icon bar the same size on your 3125?
runningtiger
post Dec 22 2006, 10:02 AM
Post #1

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

Mine are. I was expeciting a big "E" in the middle of the bar and a little "E" over the signal strength indicator. That's how the "G"s are when it's GPRS mode (on this phone, as well as my other phone). But in EDGE mode both "E"s are the same size. They are both small like the one over the bars. My other phone won't display the "E"s even though it's in EDGE mode. So, I can't compare the 3125 to anything here.

Is mine like everybody else's?

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KTM Tony
post Dec 22 2006, 01:47 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,040
Phone: MPx220
PocketPC: None

Mine is one big E and little e over the strength bar. That's how it is on the external screen also.

On another subject I've read where the phone goes into idle mode after ten minutes or so? People were not getting calls or missing voice mail. Mine was closed and sat overnight and I was able to call it and rang and I left a voice message and it gave me the you got mail sound. So, I guess thats fixed too?

Tony

--------------------
Tony

Mpx220 1gig minSD, 3125 2gig microSD, LG cu500 2 gig microSD

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Dec 22 2006, 07:36 PM
Post #3

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

When I posted my question last night it was right after unlocking the Cingular 3125 and it had the T-Mo SIM in it still. I had to put that one back in the MPx220 (where it will live until Christmas day - Oh, I can hardly wait to give this 3125 to the giftee!!!) So, anyway, last night I put the Cingular SIM back in that I've been using the whole time I've been testing it and put it away. I just went and looked at the 3125 for the first time today, AND just noticed the "E" in the middle is BIG and the "E" over the bars is small. ohmy.gif This is how it should be! I wonder why with the T-Mo SIM I got two small "E"s? blink.gif

Anybody else using a 3125 on T-Mo? Are your "E"s the same small size? Or, is one large and the other small (like normal)?

I get one "E" on the outside screen and it looks "normal".

As for the idle/sleep mode thing...I haven't heard that problem with the Cingular 3125s. It was a HUGE problem with the first Star Treks that shipped, but I think it was all ironed out by the time Cingular released theirs. If you have the Cingular version, it should be OK. I think the Dopod version was OK too. It was just the Q-tek one I think. But, don't quote me... wink.gif

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
mkestu
post Dec 23 2006, 02:21 AM
Post #4

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,088
Phone: Cingular 3125
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: Other
PMC: Other

I have seen the both the big E and a smaller E, in the middle of the icon bar on my phone with a Cingular SIM. I have been curious about it for a while. The E over the signal strength indication is always small. It probably means something to someone......

--------------------
Mike S (mkestu)

HTC StarTrek aka 3125
1G microSD
ThinkOutside BT Keyboard
Bluespoon AX2 & JawBoneII
Garmin GPS10x BT GPS

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Dec 23 2006, 06:24 AM
Post #5

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Someone...just not us! laugh.gif Thank you for posting so now at least I know I'm not alone and don't have a funky phone on my hands. Also, I find it interesting to see it happening on Cingular (the phone's native environment) as well as T-mo. I suspected that that had something to do with it. So, it's a mystery. It works just fine though.

Since you've seen it both ways, I'll be interested to see if it ever shows big on ours. I've seen this phone in GPRS mode and it displays the "G"s correctly. blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:04 AM