> Krussel Case for 3125
fuel007one
post Oct 7 2006, 03:43 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,175
Phone: Cingular 3125
Carrier: Alltel

Just received the case yesterday. Fit and finish is excellent. Stiching and leather quality is excellent. The outer plastic shield for the front is very thick and I cannot envision anything penetrating it in the future. If anything it may be too thick (will see after heat/cold temps vary over time).

Getting the phone into the case is a very very tight fit particularly on the bottom portion on the front. Because the link from the back to the front part of the case is elastic it does not keep a lot of upwards pull on the bottom portion. End result is that the holes for the speaker and the USB openings need to be carefully aligned (again, upwards) when you first try to plug the power cord into the phone. I did this very carefully with a fork and, now that it is seated properly, I think it will stay in place fine.

My overall impression is that this is a very good case and will prove quite durable over time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mkestu
post Oct 7 2006, 04:08 PM
Post #2

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 3,088
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: Other
PMC: Other

Any chance you can post a picture of the case installed on the phone?

I use a pouch type holster, but I am considering a case.

--------------------
Mike S (mkestu)

HTC StarTrek aka 3125
1G microSD
ThinkOutside BT Keyboard
Bluespoon AX2 & JawBoneII
Garmin GPS10x BT GPS

+Quote Post
Xeno
post Oct 7 2006, 11:19 PM
Post #3

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 7,190
Phone: Cingular 8525

QUOTE (fuel007one @ Oct 7 2006, 10:43 AM) *
Just received the case yesterday. Fit and finish is excellent. Stiching and leather quality is excellent. The outer plastic shield for the front is very thick and I cannot envision anything penetrating it in the future. If anything it may be too thick (will see after heat/cold temps vary over time).

Getting the phone into the case is a very very tight fit particularly on the bottom portion on the front. Because the link from the back to the front part of the case is elastic it does not keep a lot of upwards pull on the bottom portion. End result is that the holes for the speaker and the USB openings need to be carefully aligned (again, upwards) when you first try to plug the power cord into the phone. I did this very carefully with a fork and, now that it is seated properly, I think it will stay in place fine.

My overall impression is that this is a very good case and will prove quite durable over time.

Where did you purchase the case? Price and link please.

I seem to have run afoul with Noreve. In my thread below about the vaja case, a post gave a link to a review, largely negative of the Noreve case after I had already placed an order. I forwarded that link to Noreve and asked for an explanation of the complaints or I would cancel. No response yet for serveral days so once home from a trip I need to cancel them and give the Krussel case a chance.

--------------------
Cingular 3125, MPX 220 1.43

+Quote Post
griffee
post Oct 8 2006, 05:29 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 329
Phone: MPx200
PocketPC: Other

I couldn't find a Krusell cast online. I found a "monaco" case online (http://www.wirelessground.com/ci31sltyleca.html) but it doesn't look like it has any kind of belt clip. Anyone have experience with these cases?

--------------------
Cingular 3125 rocks, but the jury is still out on WM5

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Oct 8 2006, 08:33 AM
Post #5

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard

That looks to me like the PDair case here:
http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product_info....dcef8f3ec9934c5

The PDair one looks like it cost a little less (depending how the shipping costs shake out), but also doesn't look like it has any kind of belt clip. Also note both these cases are for the Star Trek phones with the STANDARD battery. Cingular's version has the extended battery which makes the phone a bit thicker so this case probably won't fit right...I'm guessing.

Check here for the Krusell:
http://www.krusell.se/searchResult.php?bra...mp;x=18&y=4

Good luck!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Oct 8 2006, 08:37 AM
Post #6

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Forgot to say that I have a PDair case for my i-mate SP5m and it is VERY high quality but the leather looks different to me than the Star Trek case. Plus, my case has a belt clip button swivel thing, so it might not be anything like the case referenced above for the Star Trek. It might be apples and oranges...but I like the case for my SP5m VERY much.

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
fuel007one
post Oct 8 2006, 08:50 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 10,175

QUOTE (Xeno @ Oct 7 2006, 06:19 PM) *
Where did you purchase the case? Price and link please.

I seem to have run afoul with Noreve. In my thread below about the vaja case, a post gave a link to a review, largely negative of the Noreve case after I had already placed an order. I forwarded that link to Noreve and asked for an explanation of the complaints or I would cancel. No response yet for serveral days so once home from a trip I need to cancel them and give the Krussel case a chance.

I bot mine Krusell from SF planet. Here is a link (although I would double check to make sure it is ordered for the 3125 due the larger battery..:

http://www.sfplanet.com/product/87244

+Quote Post
Xeno
post Oct 8 2006, 11:31 PM
Post #8

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (runningtiger @ Oct 8 2006, 03:37 AM) *
Forgot to say that I have a PDair case for my i-mate SP5m and it is VERY high quality but the leather looks different to me than the Star Trek case. Plus, my case has a belt clip button swivel thing, so it might not be anything like the case referenced above for the Star Trek. It might be apples and oranges...but I like the case for my SP5m VERY much.

I wonder how we could find out if the one for the Cingular 3125 has the quality and look of the case you have which has proven worthwhile?

--------------------

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Oct 9 2006, 07:30 AM
Post #9

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Can't think of a way unless one person had both cases...and then that's so subjective. Everyone has their own opinion and theirs might not agree with yours. Take a look at the case I got for my i-mate and you'll see the two cases look quite different. I'd expect the same quality in the stitching and correct cut and fit etc. But, the leather looks different to me. Not saying the 3125 version isn't good...just different.

Here's the case I got:
http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product_info....roducts_id=4664

--------------------

+Quote Post
Xeno
post Oct 9 2006, 12:47 PM
Post #10

Gadget Junkie

A review of the unit I ordered from Noreve is at http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a=porta...iews&id=864 and the Noreve web has simple photos at http://www.noreve.com/product_info.php?products_id=1452 I ordered brown.

I got a reply from Noreve this morning saying that they believe the criticisms to be wrong or problems corrected. If I want to cancel, I need to do so within about 2-3 hours.

I don't know. I had seen the Monaco case before on Ebay and a Hong Kong web and was unsure from the pictures that it would look like it real life. So I'm torn between taking a risk on getting the one from France that may have issues and then I loose a lot of shipping fees or getting the one from Monaco/PDair and not geing satisfied with that case.

This post has been edited by Xeno: Oct 9 2006, 01:54 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Oct 9 2006, 02:31 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 7,026

I found a inexpensive horizontal case for the RAZR at my work. It looked nice and when I put my 3125 in there it fit perfectly. I bought it for 12 bucks.

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

+Quote Post
LSASr
post Oct 11 2006, 02:09 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 4,410

I found the Krusell case at:

http://www.absolutelyu.com/cat_31-Elastic-Mobile.html?data[brand_id]=84&data[model_id]=1070

I spoke to them last weekend and they thought they would have them this week but the site now says 10/27.

I have one and the Krusell swivel on order.

LSASr

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Oct 11 2006, 05:50 AM
Post #13

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

I just heard from them today letting me know that they will be shipping mine today or tomorrow so I can review it. I will let you all know when I get it, and my first impression before I do my full review wink.gif.

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
Xeno
post Oct 17 2006, 03:14 PM
Post #14

Gadget Junkie

Reviews for any of the cases mentioned in this thread please.

--------------------

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Oct 18 2006, 12:17 AM
Post #15

Site Administrator
Group Icon

I just recieved my Krusell yesterday. First impression is that it is a pretty good case for what is available. It is a very snug fit and will need to be "broken in" for the 3125 since it is designed for the regular StarTrek varients, but it does work and everything lines up for the most part with a little work and patience. Best of all is that the elastic strap retracts into an internal part of the case so there is no excessive material when the phone is open, it gives it a nice snug look and feel. I have OCD about the way things are in my pockets and I have had things all messed up to make sure my phone doesn't get messed up, and today for the first time in a while I was able to have things the way I prefer, with the keys and phone in the right pocket, and I didn't have any worries about damage to the phone because it is finally in a case. For the time being (while I review the case, then find the chance to draft and post it, I will leave you with a teaser pic.

Attached Image

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard

+Quote Post
Xeno
post Oct 18 2006, 11:48 AM
Post #16

Gadget Junkie

QUOTE (GrYph0n @ Oct 17 2006, 07:17 PM) *
I just recieved my Krusell yesterday. First impression is that it is a pretty good case for what is available. It is a very snug fit and will need to be "broken in" for the 3125 since it is designed for the regular StarTrek varients, but it does work and everything lines up for the most part with a little work and patience. Best of all is that the elastic strap retracts into an internal part of the case so there is no excessive material when the phone is open, it gives it a nice snug look and feel. I have OCD about the way things are in my pockets and I have had things all messed up to make sure my phone doesn't get messed up, and today for the first time in a while I was able to have things the way I prefer, with the keys and phone in the right pocket, and I didn't have any worries about damage to the phone because it is finally in a case. For the time being (while I review the case, then find the chance to draft and post it, I will leave you with a teaser pic.

Attached Image

Helpful ... thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Oct 20 2006, 01:20 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Member No.: 7,026

Just incase anyone is interested this is the one I found at my work. It was ment for the Razr but it fits the 3125 perfectly.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

+Quote Post
Xeno
post Oct 20 2006, 02:16 PM
Post #18

Gadget Junkie

Okay, since the Monaco case is not made - and a phone rep said prob will not be made - for the extended life batter, are the only real leather choices with whole for buttons, camera, etc., the case from Krusell and those from Noreve?
I'm a little worried about the Krusell case being hard to deal with in terms of the elastic so I am holding on to my Noreve case for three more days. That way I can compare one to one to see if it worst to have a loose case or work with tight elastic.

--------------------

+Quote Post
doellg
post Oct 20 2006, 03:21 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 2,991

QUOTE (Xeno @ Oct 20 2006, 09:16 AM) *
Okay, since the Monaco case is not made - and a phone rep said prob will not be made - for the extended life batter, are the only real leather choices with whole for buttons, camera, etc., the case from Krusell and those from Noreve?
I'm a little worried about the Krusell case being hard to deal with in terms of the elastic so I am holding on to my Noreve case for three more days. That way I can compare one to one to see if it worst to have a loose case or work with tight elastic.

I've had several Krusell cases for flip phones (not yet for my 3125) and the elastic has always been a non-issue for me. It has been extremely stretchy so that it doesn't seem to take any additional effort to open the clamshell. All it really does is prevent the usual bulge that you get with a non-elastic clamshell case.

+Quote Post
GrYph0n
post Oct 21 2006, 04:07 PM
Post #20

Site Administrator
Group Icon

The elastic isn't really tight at all with the Krusell case. It worked perfectly on my phone after the first day. Only reason that it didn't always "retract" when I opened the phone was because if the extra bulk of the extended battery. Once broken in, you shouldn't have that issue (I didn't).

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:00 PM