> Accidentally Associated .exe to Media Player
zosdog
post Dec 6 2006, 07:53 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,567
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Alltel

Okay, I think I have a new one for you guys. I tried restoring a shortcut on the menu to a game on my SD card, but what I actually did was associate all .exe's to open with Media Player (don't ask how, it's too embarassing). Well, I tried going back into file manager to fix this, but unfortunately, it's an .exe, so Media Player starts. Everything I click takes me to Media Player. I even have to dial long form to complete a call. I can get into the secret codes, but have limited knowledge. Is there a "command prompt" that I can try to use, and once I'm there, any ideas on how to unassociate .exe's from M.P.? Also, I can no longer sync, but do get IR connection, but no partnership is established, so I can't "get in" through the PC.

By the way, a power cycle was not very agreeable to the phone, and I barely got it "functional" again. Don't want to try a hard reset, as I have contacts I don't want to lose.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

P.S. This is an MPX200 with 2002 on it. Also it has PHM regedit loaded, but it also is an .exe.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
awarner
post Dec 6 2006, 04:08 PM
Post #2

MS-MVP / MoDaCo.com

Group: MGN Ultimate
Member No.: 1,721
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HTC

For registry editing try BreakSoft's mobile reg editor, this app works via your pc.
http://www.breaksoft.com/Blog/Utilities/20...try_Editor.aspx

--------------------
awarner Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices & Staff Team Leader modaco.com
SPV, E100, E200, C500, C550, C600 (MoDaCo Edition), MPX200, MPX220, Voq Pro, Mio 8380, JasJar, Vario

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Dec 6 2006, 06:23 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

The problem I see using that is it requires Activesync, correct? If he can't get Activesync working right now, I don't see much other choice than a hard reset. You can't open any programs without using an .exe. I had no idea it was even possible to associate the .exe files with a program on the Smartphone like you have done. Sorry to say it, but I think a hard reset is the only way.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:02 PM