XP2005
post Dec 25 2005, 07:25 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,815
Phone: HP iPAQ h6500
Carrier: T-Mobile

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Nov 29 2005, 08:43 AM)
You could try out the Plantronics 640.  It isn't as small as the AX2, the battery life isn't rated as long, and the range isn't supposed to be as far, but it is a great headset.

Hello to all and Merry Christmas.
I just bought the AX2 from RadioShack yesderday, by follow the instruction booklet, I charded the AX2 via the wall charger. As soon as I connected the AX2 to the wall chargeer there was a very dim red light litted on the AX2. After 4 hours of charging the very dimm red light still very dim. After reading the instruction book again, the red light showed very bright after press the talk button as instructed by the booklet. I left the device in the charger for an eight hours. the red light still on. Isn't the red light should go off after the AX2 is fully charged? Has any one exprienced this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Dec 25 2005, 07:27 PM
Post #22

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Yeah, it should turn off when fully charged. I would take it off the charger, open the battery compartment and re-seat the battery, turn it on and back off, then plug it back in the charger and see if it turns off then.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
XP2005
post Dec 25 2005, 07:39 PM
Post #23

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Dec 25 2005, 12:27 PM)
Yeah, it should turn off when fully charged.  I would take it off the charger, open the battery compartment and re-seat the battery, turn it on and back off, then plug it back in the charger and see if it turns off then.

Following the advice: Remove and replace the battery, attempt the turn on/off function (no blue or red light flashing), and re-connect to the charger. Then the bright red light will come on. Should I leave it charging for another eight hours, or until the red light goes off?

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Dec 25 2005, 08:58 PM
Post #24

Group Icon

When you tried to turn it on did you hear the power on noise? I would try it with it against your ear to see if you hear the noise. Press and hold the multifunction button and see if it will turn on. It should be able to turn on after just a couple minutes of charging. If it doesn't turn on you probably have a charging problem or a bad battery.

--------------------

+Quote Post
XP2005
post Dec 26 2005, 07:14 PM
Post #25

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Dec 25 2005, 01:58 PM)
When you tried to turn it on did you hear the power on noise?  I would try it with it against your ear to see if you hear the noise.  Press and hold the multifunction button and see if it will turn on.  It should be able to turn on after just a couple minutes of charging.  If it doesn't turn on you probably have a charging problem or a bad battery.

Thank you for the help. The battery finally charged after following your advice. Now I am testing the unit. Once again, thank you very much!

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Dec 26 2005, 08:25 PM
Post #26

Group Icon

Glad you got it working. Does your RadioShack version have a rattle in the multifunction button like others who purchased the AX2 from RadioShack?

--------------------

+Quote Post
XP2005
post Dec 30 2005, 03:03 PM
Post #27

Just a little bit. I hear the rattling noise when I was walking not much when I turning (My head). Do not feel any loose on the center button.
However, there was very static on the other end when I am using my AX2 while walking down the street. Specially when there's a vehicle drove by. And it's fine when I got to a quiter street...

+Quote Post
momzluv
post Jan 30 2006, 07:26 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 11,145

I had a very interesting experience with this device. I too bought one at Radio Shack last Friday (1/27).

It was so small and comfortable, no rattling as described by others. My problem is the constant "double-beep" that sounds every 10 seconds. No kidding, everytime the blue light flashes, I hear a "beep-beep"!

The battery is fully charged, and I can make and recieve calls, but that dang beeping never goes away. I email the company and this is their response...

Hi Cheryle

What type of phone do you use?
We have heard about this issue with some Samsung phones.
You can try to see if there is a software update for your phone(this helped one of our customers with the same problem)

Unfortunately we do not have a fix as its something to do with the Bluetooth set up of the phone.
We will be posting up on our website if there is any progress.

Rgds
Joseph Stirling
Service Department

Nextlink.to A/S
Sandtoften 10
2820 Gentofte
Denmark

Phone (+45) 70 22 23 43
Fax (+45) 70 22 23 53

www.nextlink.to

I have the new A900 Samsung. When I told him that I have a Samsung, and I want to know if any of his previous cutomers came up with a solution to this problem, this was his response...

Hi again

As far as I remember he 'updated' or 'downgraded' his YK14 software to YK10.
I dont know if this applies to you.
The Samsung phones that are causing the issue are not available in Europe
and so we have not had the chance to hear the problem for ourselves.

Let me know if there is any progress.

Rgds

Does anyone know anything about this? I have no idea what he is talking about. I love this headset and don't really want to send it back, but if I can't get rid of that incessant beeping I will have no choice...HELP!!!

+Quote Post
mdahacks.com
post May 17 2006, 09:21 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 12,139
PocketPC: HTC

http://www.mdahacks.com/item/2006/5/16/nex...-headset-review

there's another viewpoint of the ax2 with integration on the tmobile mda.

so far, initial impressions are that it's great! i wish the G5 was on the market for under $100 smile.gif

--------------------
MDAHacks.com - Your source for hacks, tweaks, tips, tricks and more for the HTC Wizard / T-Mobile MDA / Cingular 8125

+Quote Post
smeg36
post May 17 2006, 09:50 PM
Post #30

Group Icon

Yeah, the AX2 is a great headset at a great price. I'm really looking forward to seeing a Nextlink headset with DSP to fix the one issue I've ever had with their headsets: background noise.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mdahacks.com
post May 26 2006, 12:44 AM
Post #31

Member No.: 12,139
PocketPC: HTC

QUOTE (smeg36 @ May 17 2006, 09:50 PM) *
Yeah, the AX2 is a great headset at a great price. I'm really looking forward to seeing a Nextlink headset with DSP to fix the one issue I've ever had with their headsets: background noise.

another problem (but this is a problem even with regular phones..) is that if there's any wind the person on the other end won't hear anything but "crackling".

do you know of any that deal with this well?

--------------------
MDAHacks.com - Your source for hacks, tweaks, tips, tricks and more for the HTC Wizard / T-Mobile MDA / Cingular 8125

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:14 PM