post Mar 29 2005, 08:19 PM
Post #1

Mobile Gadget Idol

Group: Members
Member No.: 11
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
PMC: Other

EDIT UPDATE: 3/31/05 - I RECEIVED THE REPLACEMENT DEVICE AND GUESS WHAT? CALLER ID ISN'T WORKING... I SPOKE WITH A JABRA REPRESENTATIVE AND HE STATED. "...THE CALLER ID (AND THE CALLER ID LIST) DOES NOT WORK WITH THE MPX220 AND THE AUDIOVOX SMT5600...ALL THE OTHER FEATURES WILL WORK WITH BOTH DEVICES...". THE CALLER ID FEATURE WAS THE MAIN REASON I WANTED TO USE THIS DEVICE. BASED ON THIS BIT OF INFO, I'M THINKING THAT THE INCOMPATIBILITY HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE WINDOWS MOBILE OS AND/OR THE BLUETOOTH IMPLEMENTATION. SO, BE WARNED: IF YOU PURCHASE THE BT800 AND USE IT WITH THE MPX220, CALLER ID WILL NOT WORK!

EDIT UPDATE: 3/30/05 According to Jabra, the device I have is defective, I should receive a replacement device on Thursday, 3/31/05. I will update this post on 3/31 after I've received the device and confirmed that the Caller ID and everything else is working with my MPx220. If anyone else has had a better experience please post your results here. I'm hoping that the Caller ID display issue is not due to the #$%^& MPx220 Bluetooth implementation. Stay tuned!

EDIT UPDATE: 3/29/05 Caller ID is not working consistently. Sometimes it shows a number and sometimes it doesn't. I've email Jabra tech support and will update this post as soon as i hear from them.

•I purchased my headset (pre-paid) at eCost.com; my total cost plus next day shipping was $102.00

•Contents included the manual, the headset, a wall charger, stylus, carrying case and a 10-12 inch USB charging cord. As far as I can tell the end connecting to the headset is proprietary – in other words, it's not a standard connection (I could be wrong about this).

•Overall construction is solid and has a nice feel to it and according to the manual it has Bluetooth 1.2

•The headset itself is little larger than I expected but is comfortable on my ear. Compared to my HS810, it feels more secure and slightly heavier.

•Fits fairly snug on my left ear (which is the one I use most often). For those of you with smaller ears it might not fit as snug. When used on the left ear, the display is upside down and the power, answer-end call buttons are on top – no big deal for me. Moving the ear-hook for the right or left ear is easy to do – just rotate the hook and flip the hook.

•Pairing is pretty straight forward; the only drawback is the small (2 inch) stylus you can use to put the phone in “pairing mode”. You can also put the phone in pairing mode using the headset’s menu…I recommend using the menu to put the phone in pairing mode.

•Features…wow! 5 subtle ringtones, vibrate mode, caller id they all work except for voice dialing (and we know why). Although I must admit, the vibrate mode can freak-u-out if you’re wearing the headset and it starts to vibrate. That will take some getting used to! There are other features that I have yet to try (e.g., call waiting, mute, call on hold) but I’ll report back if the “don’t” work.

•Caller ID: the small display might make reading the phone numbers (and menu items) somewhat challenging. So far only the phone numbers appear in the Caller ID screen. (SEE TOP OF POST! CALLER ID DOES NOT WORK WITH MPx220)

•Call clarity is excellent…it seems less digital-sounding or tinny (?) compared to my HS810. Incoming sound is great and outgoing sound appears to be better compared to my HS810. I say this because I asked 4 people I called if they could hear me ok and their general response was “…you sound fine, you must not be using that BT headset...”. They were really surprised when I told them I was using a BT headset…they wanted to know which headset I was using.

•I’ll report on call-time and battery life after I’ve used the device for a couple of days.

I’ve taken some pictures for your viewing pleasure…please post here if you have any questions. All new comments (based on continued use) will be posted below.

•3/29/05 Calls appear to be answered much quicker when compared to the HS810. What i'm saying is that the typical delay i experienced once i answered a call using the HS810 does not occur with the BT800.

Attached Image

Attached ImageAttached Image

--------------------
cortez

"...yes, i am a gadget freak!.."
HTC Trinity & Kaiser / AT&T
Black Q / Verizon
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cortez
post Mar 30 2005, 06:56 PM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Idol

replacement device is on the way...

--------------------
cortez

Black Q / Verizon

+Quote Post
cortez
post Mar 31 2005, 06:17 PM
Post #3

Mobile Gadget Idol

replacement device received and guess what? same problem. see first post for details.

--------------------
cortez

Black Q / Verizon

+Quote Post
muchomorek
post Mar 31 2005, 07:10 PM
Post #4

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 2,186
Phone: HTC Wizard
PocketPC: HP iPAQ

QUOTE (cortez @ Mar 31 2005, 01:17 PM)
replacement device received and guess what? same problem.  see first post for details.

Hey Cortez,

i hope the caller ID will work with my SX66

--------------------
iPhone 3GS
SP5
Holux GR-236 Bluetooth GPS
MPx200

+Quote Post
parravan
post Apr 9 2005, 02:45 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 7,157
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: Toshiba

[quote=cortez,Mar 29 2005, 01:19 PM]
EDIT UPDATE: 3/31/05 - I RECEIVED THE REPLACEMENT DEVICE AND GUESS WHAT? CALLER ID ISN'T WORKING... I SPOKE WITH A JABRA REPRESENTATIVE AND HE STATED. "...THE CALLER ID (AND THE CALLER ID LIST) DOES NOT WORK WITH THE MPX220 AND THE AUDIOVOX SMT5600...ALL THE OTHER FEATURES WILL WORK WITH BOTH DEVICES...". THE CALLER ID FEATURE WAS THE MAIN REASON I WANTED TO USE THIS DEVICE. BASED ON THIS BIT OF INFO, I'M THINKING THAT THE INCOMPATIBILITY HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE WINDOWS MOBILE OS AND/OR THE BLUETOOTH IMPLEMENTATION. SO, BE WARNED: IF YOU PURCHASE THE BT800 AND USE IT WITH THE MPX220, CALLER ID WILL NOT WORK!
/quote]

I just got the BT800, caller ID shows the number with my mpx220.
Only had it an hour and will have to see what happens.

Update- only showed CID first time. The number I called from is on the "list" on the BT800- the caller ID doesn't work on subsequent calls. Haven't tried calling from a different number yet. How do you erase the call "list" on the Bt800?

Joe

This post has been edited by parravan: Apr 9 2005, 03:31 AM

+Quote Post
acray
post Jan 26 2006, 12:43 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 11,108
Phone: SMT5600
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: HP iPAQ
Google Talk ID: adamray@gmail.com

I upgraded the firmware on my BT800 to 00.32 and it fixed the callerID right up. It also made the response time much better.

00.33 is due anyday now.

http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/NA/EN/MainMe...T800/JabraBT800

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:45 PM