Post #21

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 7,026
Phone: Cingular 8525
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular

QUOTE (jmb4370 @ Aug 1 2005, 01:10 PM)
Hi all;
Got the Mpx220 to work as modem for my HP zt1180 XP Home laptop, but comes up with hardware (phone) error #692 when doing the same setup on my new HP zd8000 XP Pro laptop. I've tried turning off the firewall, and verified that all the settings are the same between the two laptops (they are side by side at the moment)

Anyone got any other ideas? Is the zd8000 too fast compared to the zt1180? (P4 3.2 GHz vs P111 1 GHZ

Michael

Make sure you are using the right modem driver. You need to use the Smartphone Wireless USB driver. There is a link on my blog, click on the word Backup! in my signature and use the catigories to the left, use the catigory that says MPx 220 ROM's....read thru it and you will find one of many links to the driver.

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thywilldo
post Oct 7 2005, 07:07 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,216
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: Alltel
PocketPC: Other

I stumbled across this forum and have found the info very helpful as I have just upgraded from a v60 to the mpx220 (big jump!). I have 3 questions for this list after reading all posts and omega2008's blog!

1. Where did omega2008 get the case for your mpx220? I've been looking for a case that stays on when flipped open like my v60.

2. I'm vague on GPRS/DUN and the like. Is it possible to just call from my mpx220 to a dial-up number (as the computer modem does when connected to a phone-line using a dial-up service) and send an email/surf internet on my laptop via bluetooth (or usb)? I don't want to use the cell's data feature if possible...

3. Does anyone know if the latest version of MPT (Motorola Phone Tools) is compatible with the mpx220? Or does activesync 3.8 do all the same stuff?!

Thanks for any info you may have!

Will

+Quote Post
omega2008
post Oct 7 2005, 08:27 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 7,026
Phone: Cingular 8525

I got the case from ebay.

What you want is called CSD. I don't know if T-mobile provides it but if your on Cingular you can call and have it added to your account and they will give you the settings.

MPT is not compatable with the MPx 220. You need to use ActiveSync. ActiveSync lets you sync with Outlook and explore the file system on your phone. You can drag and drop files to your phone and vise versa.

--------------------
Support the Windows Mobile Community! Become a Subscriber

+Quote Post
mkestu
post Apr 12 2006, 01:30 AM
Post #24

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 3,088
Phone: Cingular 3125
PMC: Other

QUOTE (omega2008 @ Feb 3 2005, 12:55 PM) *
I finally found out how to use my Motorola MPx 220 phone as a bluetooth modem with my WinXPSP2 computer.

First, pair your phone to the computer, windows will reconize the phone and install "Standard Modem over Bluetooth Link"

Goto Control Panel, Modems and Phones and comfirm, if its not there try adding it via the add button.

[attachment=39:attachment]

Next, highlight "Standard Modem over Bluetooh Link" and click the Properties button. Then select the Advanced tab. Type in the string you see in the image.

[attachment=40:attachment]

Then, create a new dial up connection, and make sure you use "Standard Modem over bluetooth link" mine picked this automatically because its the only "modem" I have.

Finally, in the username field type: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM, in the password field type: CINGULAR1 make sure both are in all caps.

[attachment=41:attachment]

Type *99# in the Dial: field and press connect and volia it works!!! well at least for me it did!!

Omega, I used your tutorial above + a side of guesswork and got my PPC to use my Mpx220 as a modem. It seems to work, but what was in the image for the string?

Thanks

--------------------
Mike S (mkestu)

HTC StarTrek aka 3125
1G microSD
ThinkOutside BT Keyboard
Bluespoon AX2 & JawBoneII
Garmin GPS10x BT GPS

+Quote Post
PaulK
post Apr 12 2006, 08:36 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 4,646

mkestu, how did you get the PPC to detect a client serial port on the MPx220?

+Quote Post
mkestu
post Apr 13 2006, 12:22 AM
Post #26

Hardcore Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 3,088
Phone: Cingular 3125
PMC: Other

QUOTE (PaulK @ Apr 12 2006, 04:36 PM) *
mkestu, how did you get the PPC to detect a client serial port on the MPx220?

Ambicom BT software detected it, through normal pairing process. Still trying to familiarize myself with the software.

--------------------
Mike S (mkestu)

HTC StarTrek aka 3125
1G microSD
ThinkOutside BT Keyboard
Bluespoon AX2 & JawBoneII
Garmin GPS10x BT GPS

+Quote Post
maurop
post Nov 30 2006, 05:42 PM
Post #27

Member No.: 13,954
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: Other
PocketPC: None
MP3 Player: Creative

Hello i'm a new user of this forum, but this solution that was wrote its similar to me. I've got livebox modem with bluetooth built in. Livebox is a internet modem. So i would like to know how to configure my moto to access gprs from livebox. It is impossible, if yes tell me how. I came from Poland so if my post isn't clearly tell mi about it. tongue.gif

+Quote Post
thomasz
post Jun 13 2008, 03:40 AM
Post #28

Member No.: 16,316

Thanks for your information, hope i will contact with you.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:58 PM