> Video on the Q, Discussing playing video on the Motorola Q
scamp
post Jun 7 2006, 07:49 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,419
Phone: Motorola Q
Carrier: Verizon

I was wondering if anyone else is playing around with putting video on the Q?

I have encountered choppy playback of mp4 videos...

I haven't received my minisd card yet so the clips were running off the internal memory. My gut tells me this wouldn't be the issue, but I'm open to suggestions...

The tcpmp player seems to be better at running things on the Q....

My minisd should arrive tomorrow, and then I plan to put something on it and attempt to play..

any tips/comments/suggestions would be appreciated...

Thx!!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jun 8 2006, 02:37 AM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I have a bunch of video I specifically encoded to work on mobile devices, and it works wonderfully on the Q. I use TCPMP, the most recent beta version. What you need to remember is video encoded for a PC is going to have a higher bitrate and resolution than the Q can handle. Normal sized PC videos will have to be reencoded to work on mobile devices.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
scamp
post Jun 8 2006, 01:43 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jun 7 2006, 09:37 PM) *
I have a bunch of video I specifically encoded to work on mobile devices, and it works wonderfully on the Q. I use TCPMP, the most recent beta version. What you need to remember is video encoded for a PC is going to have a higher bitrate and resolution than the Q can handle. Normal sized PC videos will have to be reencoded to work on mobile devices.

Thanks for the reply...

I have noticed that TCPMP does run the video much better...

How do you encode your videos? Do you find one encoding works better than another? (i.e. mp4 vs Xvid vs WMV)? Are you encoding to smaller screen-size than 320x240? Are you just using a specific "tool" to encode...

Any info would be appreciated as I would really like to be able to watch videos on the thing like the Video Ipod...The Q just would provide the best of *all* worlds....

Thanks again!

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jun 8 2006, 02:32 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

There are lots of good tools to encode. TCPMP has some guides on PocketDivxEncoder on their website. I prefer encoding to avi. They seem to yield the best quality file for the size.

--------------------

+Quote Post
scamp
post Jun 8 2006, 02:43 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Jun 8 2006, 09:32 AM) *
There are lots of good tools to encode. TCPMP has some guides on PocketDivxEncoder on their website. I prefer encoding to avi. They seem to yield the best quality file for the size.

Sure I know how to encode to tons of formats, I was just wondering what settings you were using which yielded such good results, since my initial encounters have been a bit choppy. I guess a guide as to how to encode for the MotoQ and get the best playback performance is needed ;-)

Maybe this is an issue of the file being on the device as opposed to on the memory card. Hopefully my card will arrive today and I can test this theory....

I don't mind which format I encode in as long as it will play smoothly and ideally fill the screen...

Thanks again...

+Quote Post
scamp
post Jun 8 2006, 02:48 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (scamp @ Jun 8 2006, 09:43 AM) *
Sure I know how to encode to tons of formats, I was just wondering what settings you were using which yielded such good results, since my initial encounters have been a bit choppy. I guess a guide as to how to encode for the MotoQ and get the best playback performance is needed ;-)

Maybe this is an issue of the file being on the device as opposed to on the memory card. Hopefully my card will arrive today and I can test this theory....

I don't mind which format I encode in as long as it will play smoothly and ideally fill the screen...

Thanks again...

Seems like the PocketDivxEncoder may be just what I am looking for....Thanks again...

+Quote Post
Mr. Mrmorden
post Jun 30 2006, 05:44 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 12,720
PocketPC: None
MP3 Player: iPod Video
PMC: Other
Google Talk ID: mrmorden

QUOTE (scamp @ Jun 8 2006, 08:48 AM) *
Seems like the PocketDivxEncoder may be just what I am looking for....Thanks again...

If you do not want to go to all the trouble of encoding all your media yourself. you can download and intstall orb www.orb.com orb then stream your content to you in the correct bit rate and speed

I have been useing for a week now and it looks great on The Q

+Quote Post
Felix07
post Aug 22 2006, 09:21 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 13,230
PocketPC: None
MP3 Player: Other
PMC: Other

Anyone know if you are able to view a video in full 320 x 240, or are we limited
to the 2/3 screen size of wmp?

Thanks

--------------------
Insert sig here

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Aug 22 2006, 09:25 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

That's one of the many reasons I've recommend TCPMP multiple times. It's fullscreen goes fullscreen.

--------------------

+Quote Post
cream
post Oct 3 2007, 03:50 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 15,712

video formate converter nidesoft video converter try to use............
it's a very easy software

+Quote Post
cream
post Oct 12 2007, 09:05 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 15,712

Nidesoft Video Converter

Here, you can follow the simple steps to convert your favorite video to any format with Nidesoft Video Converter.

User’s Guide

1. Download ‘Nidesoft Video Converter’ from
http://www.nidesoft.com/downloads/video-converter.exe
http://www.nidesoft.com/video-converter.html
And then install it.

2. Click Nidesoft Video Converter component. Load your video by clicking ‘Add File’ button or choosing 'Add File' from 'File' drop down menu. Several titles appear in the list after loading video

3. As showed by the dialog box below, by clicking before the video title or ‘Expand’ button, you can expand the title tree and choose the titles or chapters you want to convert. And also you can preview the chapters in the preview window on the right top to find the chapters you like. Just highlight an item, and then press to play it. All the buttons are available.

4. Select the target output format: In ‘Profile Setting’, you can choose the format you want to convert your files to. And all the target formats are shown in the dropdown list.

5. After selecting certain output format, the right panel will show general standard of the format. You may specify it or just keep the default settings. Select the audio track, subtitle in the main interface for the highlight chapters.

6. Select the output folder by clicking the ‘Browse’ button or directly enter a path in ‘Output Folder’ box. The "C:\temp" is set as the default output folder. Then, click ‘convert’, your converting process begins.

Contact Us
If you have some further question, you can visit http://www.nidesoft.com or email to: support@nidesoft.com

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:22 PM