Mobile Gadget Master
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 8,857
Phone: SMT5600
Carrier: Alltel

Attached Image

The Motorola Q is RAZR Sharp

Mobileburn have a very nice review of the new Moto Q.

Conclusion

I adore the Motorola Q, even with its somewhat limited battery life and few random blemishes. In fact, this is the first non-camera oriented device that I have wanted to use as my day to day phone in a very, very long time. It is that good. With a bit more polish and a few updates to the OS (in addition to that heavy duty battery), this device will be truly fantastic.

The Motorola Q has a lot of competitors out there that are equally capable, like the Palm Treo 700p and 700w, and the 8700 series of RIM BlackBerry devices, to name but a few, but I think that the Q's RAZR inspired good looks and relatively low purchase price ($199 with 2yr EV-DO agreement on Verizon) will make it a very hot seller that is going to put a lot of pressure on the other players. It may not be as big for Moto as the RAZR series, but I think this one is going to make them proud. I give it a "Highly Recommended" rating.

You'll find more Motorola Q screen shots and sample photos on the following pages. Read more here.

--------------------
Hey! Want to Post? Have a Question?
Click here to Register and Join Mobile Gadget News
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Undude
post Jun 7 2006, 04:47 AM
Post #2

Mobile Gadget Master
Group Icon

Attached Image

Geek.Com Review of Motorola Q
Matthew Miller (palmsolo) over at Geek.Com has a terrifically informative review of the Motorola Q.

Conclusion: I was ready to purchase the Motorola Q after using it for the last couple of months and was quite surprised to see it available for only $199 after instant rebate with a two-year service plan. However, the Verizon Wireless minimum monthly fee of $80 makes it too expensive for the consumer, and too expensive for me to add to my collection. The business user may not balk at the monthly fees, though. One weak area of the Q as it enters the enterprise market to compete with the BlackBerry is that AKU-2 with push e-mail is not yet supported, and this may impact the business purchaser. You could set up the Q to sync at intervals as short as 5 minutes, so I honestly don't know how important this ability is, but when you try to compare the Q to a Blackberry that has push e-mail out of the box this may make a difference.

Click here to read the full review.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Undude
post Jun 7 2006, 05:02 AM
Post #3

Mobile Gadget Master
Group Icon

Attached Image

PhoneScoop Review of Motorola Q
Eric Lin over at PhoneScoop also has a really in-depth review of the Motorola Q.

Mr. Lin's conclusion: Motorola's experience creating solid, desirable phones really shows when you compare the Q to other Windows Mobile phones created by ODMs. However even ODMs such as HTC have a leg up on Motorola in one category: QWERTY keyboards. Motorola has yet to launch a phone that is easy to type on.

Most people looking to buy the Q probably won't to type many long emails or hundreds of text messages a week. And for the casual keyboard, the Q offers a solid smartphone experience in an attractive and easily pocketable form.

For heavy texters and email warriors, the Q isn't quite the slam dunk that it is for others. You'll have to evaluate whether the slim form factor and other positive attributes will outweigh your typing slowed down by frequent trips to the delete key to correct mistakes.

Click here to read the full PhoneScoop Q review.

--------------------

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jun 7 2006, 02:44 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Huh, I have to disagree with Eric on the keyboard. It's the best I've ever used, including the Samsung i730 and Treo 700w. I think the Qs keyboard is very easy to type on.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jun 7 2006, 03:31 PM
Post #5

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

Smeg, I agree that the Q keyboard is better than the i730. The little toggle for shifting on the numbers and the general layout have suitable ergonomics.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
The Undude
post Jun 8 2006, 03:28 AM
Post #6

Mobile Gadget Master
Group Icon

Attached Image

Moto Q could be zippier, but it's a worthy rival to BlackBerry and Treo

USA Today's Edward Baig has a review of the Q. It makes interesting reading as it comes from "an outsider's" point of view. Well, kind of...

While the Moto Q may not quite measure up to 007's gee-whiz standards, it is a worthy rival to BlackBerrys and the latest Palm Treo 700w or 700p smartphones, especially for those turned off by the Treo's lofty prices. Moto Q costs $200 after a $100 instant rebate, with a two-year Verizon contract. That's half what the Treo fetches. At $80 to $170, monthly voice and data plans aren't cheap, however.

Click here to read the full review.

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Undude
post Jun 9 2006, 03:27 AM
Post #7

Mobile Gadget Master
Group Icon

Attached Image

Motorola Q - CNET editors' review

C|Net give the Q an 8 out of 10.

The good: The Motorola Q boasts a sexy, ultrathin design and features a sharp display, a full QWERTY keyboard, EV-DO support, and a sharp multimedia functionality. The Windows Mobile 5 smart phone also has integrated Bluetooth, a speakerphone, a 1.3-megapixel camera, and solid call quality.

The bad: The Motorola Q lacks integrated Wi-Fi and analog roaming, and you can't use its Bluetooth as a wireless modem. The screen also tends to hold a lot of smudges, and there's no option for a cameraless version at this time.

The bottom line: The Motorola Q lives up to much of the hype by offering good call quality, an excellent multimedia experience, and the essential productivity tools, all wrapped up in a sexy little package.

Read CNET's review of the Motorola Q

--------------------

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:09 AM