Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> VOQ Main Connector - pin out?, Discussion of Hacking VOQ connector
grinchy
post Jun 26 2005, 11:32 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,101

Well, now that VOQ is officially discontinued, they're showing up for major discounts. I'm a proud new owner of the VOQ Professional (A11) - basic box.

It comes with a USB -> VOQ connector cable, in which the power is not hooked up for USB.

Since the Pro Kit is like $125, I'm looking for a budget USB charging + data interconnect solution.

For those that have the cradle or have seen the VOQ pin-out, which pins on the connector are +/- VDC?

Any idea where to find the connector end for the phone? (is it a "standard" type? photos seem to show it isn't) If this could be found it'd be simple to hack up a USB cable and get data + power (like the cradle).

A pin-out diagram from those that have some accessories and can do end-end continuity would be really helpful.

I get my phone in a few days and look forward to working all this out.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Jun 27 2005, 03:05 AM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

The Voq is still my back up phone. I will look at what I have on this.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jun 27 2005, 03:34 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Where did you get your Voq at a major discount? I had one for a couple weeks as a backup phone, and wouldn't mind getting it again if I could find it super cheap. As it was only my backup phone, and I don't own it anymore, I can't really help with the pin out. Sorry.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
grinchy
post Jul 2 2005, 03:21 PM
Post #4

Okay - so the database is back. That's good.
*bay for about $150. Would've liked to grab it for $100, but too much interest.
I'm excited to see the extra batteries arrive, as the battery runs down fast when playing mp3s.
Now that I have the unit I can answer some of my own Q.
The phone has a male 10 pin connector on it - the pins are the same size and equally spaced. So I'm looking for a source of the female portion.

Again - anyone with a cradle, please determine which pins go hot for charging though the main connector?

The headphone jack is a 2.5 mm typical mono/mic (3 connectors). I imagine for stereo it'll be a 4 connector 2.5 mm, though I don't have one to test. If you got the pro kit headphones, can you comment? Knowing this opens up quite a few possibilities for purchase aside from the VOQ headset.

Phone generally good, though a bit large - it's still smaller than my old PPC and T610 combo though.

Have to hard reset this morning - for some reason the text in the pop3 setup has disappeared - the fields are there, but no text. No big deal, don't have any software on the phone anyway - just the tmobile tzones gprs settings (which work beautifully) I love deals smile.gif

+Quote Post
grinchy
post Jul 2 2005, 03:28 PM
Post #5

To echo the Voq hard reset info from Abatis
Remove battery
Reinstall
Hold space + power
Reset screen appears and executes
Took about 25 seconds on my phone to clear flash
Then about 30 seconds of the Voq screen
Then about 30 seconds of the Smartphone screen leading into regular boot sounds and the fresh display (all defaults).

Interesting - time and date were retained, but as far as I can tell, nothing else.

+Quote Post
Jurek
post Mar 21 2006, 11:10 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 11,476
Phone: HP iPAQ h6500
Carrier: o2
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen

QUOTE (grinchy @ Jul 2 2005, 03:21 PM) *
The headphone jack is a 2.5 mm typical mono/mic (3 connectors). I imagine for stereo it'll be a 4 connector 2.5 mm, though I don't have one to test. If you got the pro kit headphones, can you comment? Knowing this opens up quite a few possibilities for purchase aside from the VOQ headset.

Phone generally good, though a bit large - it's still smaller than my old PPC and T610 combo though.

the thread is a bit older but maybe from interest...
i got the phone since 1 week. cool. i just ordered a 4gig sd card. I'll have a look if it works. If so, I'll sell my Micro Zen... smile.gif
I made a 2,5 to 3,5 mm Headphone connector(smaller and flexible wire). Cheaper than buying one, you'll find a 4 connector 2,5mm jack in any good electronic shop. Pinout (from Tip to base): right-left-mic-ground.
I also bought a standard 2,5 to 3,5mm jack (3 connectors and it also works in stereo. i just had to bend thee connector minimally cause the rubber on the base mount is to large.

greets from germany,
Jurek

+Quote Post
BIG-BERTA
post Sep 28 2006, 07:25 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 13,457
Phone: Voq
Carrier: Other

Hey guys I really need your help I have a VOQ smartphone and I cant upgrade it to the latest version because I dont have a usb connector.

I decided to try to make a cable for it myself from any USB (4 cable) cable but i dont know how the pin connections to the phone are.

So all i need from you is to show me how are the usb pins are arranged in the phone port (or wich of them i need to use).

pleaseeeeeeeee helppppppp
sad.gif

+Quote Post
abatis
post Sep 28 2006, 12:53 PM
Post #8

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint

I have an extra one, I will PM you.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
VOQer1
post Jan 5 2007, 12:06 AM
Post #9

Member No.: 14,310

look there: Pinout

+Quote Post
Morpheus
post Feb 13 2007, 06:43 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 15,052

Hey does VOQ smart phone work in asina, India?? There are some dealers sellng it for 120$. I don't know if this works in india, and how good is the phone?

+Quote Post
Morpheus
post Feb 27 2007, 07:00 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 15,052

Finally I bought it online. However, the cover is slightly damaged, so I had to tape it. Can we buy the cover of this phone?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:00 PM