Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> RE lost and could not reload Bluetooth handsfree
6315_user
post Oct 3 2005, 02:43 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,365

Hopefully this discussion of my experience will also be helpful to others - my conclusion is that 1) you should regularly back-up your iPAQ using the ActiveSync backup option (I use the incremental option to speed up the process); 2) if your Bluetooth handsfree link stops working and can not be reestablished through the normal procedure, taking the steps of a) conducting a hard reset, b) restoring the iPAQ using ActiveSync’s backup option, and c) then reloading the Bluetooth handsfree link using the typical procedure may be a viable solution (i.e., it worked for me).

So, the story is that one day my Bluetooth link to my Motorola HS810 (I know, it’s an older model, purchased in Sep. 2004 with my iPAQ) just stopped working. This was after I obtained the improved Bluetooth performance that the HP software update provided. I tried all the little tricks, like on/off’ing the headset a few times, on/off’ing the Bluetooth function on the iPAQ using the connection manager, soft reset, etc., all with no success. Didn’t know whether the problem was the headset or the iPAQ (and prayed it was not a hardware failure). So, I took it to a local T-Mobile location (actual, not a reseller or agent) and got a service rep to try to troubleshoot without performing a hard reset (which is of course time consuming and can be stressful until everything is restored, if you know what I mean). After trying most of the same things I had already done and also deleting the link and trying unsuccessfully to reload it, the rep tested the handset with a couple of other devices and it worked fine. So, we narrowed the problem down to the iPAQ - the dreaded suggestion, contact tech support. Did I mention how much of a pain it was that day not to have the cordless handsfree option working? Anyway, after being on hold for about 30 minutes (and I think I was disconnected at least once too), I decided to take the plunge and do a hard reset (the first since the HP s/w upgrade, so I was apprehensive). Well, I went through the steps suggested above/below (i.e., a-c) and success, the Bluetooth link was quickly re-established and things worked fine.

I haven’t figured out what caused this mysterious problem in the first place, but if you experience it, following the steps of a) conducting a hard reset, b) restoring the iPAQ using ActiveSync’s backup option (presuming you have been using it to start with), and c) then reloading the Bluetooth handsfree link using the typical procedure may provide a fix. Hope this is helpful.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:20 AM