IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My MPx200 has survived..., tribute to the most robust phone in existance?
x3lda
post Jul 13 2006, 03:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,296

I can officially say that my MPx200 is perhaps the most robust phone on planet earth as of 2006.

My MPx200 has:
been used as a ball to play catch on concrete biggrin.gif
sustained dozens of drops in excess of 5ft
been run over by bikes/cars
dropped in pools and the atlantic ocean multiple times
survived multiple rounds of being baked in an oven
buried in sand multiple times
been left out for multiple days through sun and rain
been taken apart half a dozen times

there are small cosmetic scraches and dents from the drops, but there's no cracks nor any issues with the phone. it has gone through three sets of batteries because they lose power after a day since batteries don't like high acceleration. The hinge is missing an corner but it still holds and make that beautiful "snap" sound when u open or close it that all flip phones should have. All in all, 3 years after i got this phone, its still my baby and outlived all of my friend's cell phone. Not to mention it's still cooler and have a bigger lcd than my friend's cell phones biggrin.gif

Long live MPx200!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jul 13 2006, 04:19 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

Wow, were all those on accident? I can see the pools and ocean being on accident, but baked in an oven? How did that happen? The MPx200 was the most solid phone I've ever owned, no doubt about it.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
JakeArmitage
post Dec 4 2006, 10:00 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 13,994
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Other
PocketPC: Asus
MP3 Player: iPod Video
PMC: Other

This phone is simply indestructable for the most part. I have taken this phone into the field with me everyday for three seasons of fighting forest fires in Canada and it still looks good enough to take out in public biggrin.gif

The satellite phone that I use didn't even last a month! I have updated through all three of its OS's and people are always asking me where I got it from. I just wish Motorola would have supported it a little better.

+Quote Post
awarner
post Dec 5 2006, 09:30 AM
Post #4

MS-MVP / MoDaCo.com

Group: MGN Ultimate
Member No.: 1,721
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: T-Mobile
PocketPC: HTC

It's not really motorola that needed to support the MPX200 it's more the networks the phone was sold through, these are the main people who issues updates etc.
Orange did have an update but it was never released as a download only newer units had the update.
It's a shame the MPX220 did not have the build quality, even now three years down the line the 200 is still one of my favourite devices.

--------------------
awarner Microsoft MVP Mobile Devices & Staff Team Leader modaco.com
SPV, E100, E200, C500, C550, C600 (MoDaCo Edition), MPX200, MPX220, Voq Pro, Mio 8380, JasJar, Vario

+Quote Post
lil14kid
post Dec 8 2006, 06:35 AM
Post #5

Gadget Junkie

Member No.: 9,763
Phone: Cingular 8125
Carrier: Alltel

it was that sick glossy paint job that did it 4 me especialy if cleaned with stainless steal shine, greasy but effective

+Quote Post
zosdog
post Dec 24 2006, 10:18 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 10,567
Phone: MPx200
Carrier: Alltel

After 3 years of abuse, I have to agree the MPX200 is a real champ. 14 foot drop while roofing my garage, leaving it on the roof of my car and taking a turn at 20 mph, and last but not least the toilet incident.How can I possibly replace it after all that?Well, maybe after the toilet incident, how could I not replace it? blink.gif As good, if not better, than my retired Nokia 6120. Odd, I did the same things to it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:53 AM