Member No.: 1,097
Phone: Other
Carrier: AT&T Wireless/Cingular
PocketPC: HTC
MP3 Player: Creative
PMC: Creative Zen
Google Talk ID: eric.d.jones (at) gmail.com

Logitech Mobile Traveller

I have only used this headset with the Audiovox SMT5600. Now with that said, lets get down to it...First off you will need to read my review on the Logitech Mobile Freedom ReviewThis is pretty much the same headset, only much smaller as well as enhanced (in my opinion).Here is what Logitech has to say about it

Don't let a little breeze ruin your conversation. Enjoy hands-free convenience with the comfortable Logitech® Mobile Traveller Headset. With the WindStop™ microphone to minimize wind noise, your voice comes in loudly and clearly, no matter where you are. With up to eight hours of talk time, this Bluetooth® headset has the performance you need to stay in touch when you are on the go. The headset features a flexible flip clip that adjusts comfortably on either ear, and at only a half an ounce, it's light enough for extended wear. Answer or end calls with a one-touch button (phone model dependent), and adjust volume without having to reach for your phone. Simply pair with your Bluetooth® mobile phone* and go. Enjoy freedom from cords. No additional phone dongle is needed to enjoy 10 meters (30 feet) of range. It also works with your Bluetooth®-compatible PC. And Bluetooth® v1.2 gives you adaptive frequency-hopping, quick connect time, and improved audio quality. Bluetooth® ensures effortless and secure connections between mobile devices. Bluetooth® v1.2 offers more advanced performance, including better interference prevention and faster pairing to other devices. Listen clearly. Sleek noise-canceling WindStop™ microphone delivers superior audio quality in windy environments. Have quick and easy operation with single-finger functionality. Adjust the volume or mute your call easily. Talk for up to 8 hours!  Enjoy full-working day operation. Specially engineered, patent pending microphone filter eliminates wind noise without electronics that reduce battery life. Put it in your pocket. It´s slim (15mm wide) and super lightweight (1/2 oz.).* For native Bluetooth®-compatible phones and PCs

What are my thoughts?

Well I can honestly say that this is the best headset that I have ever had my hands on. It is small, sleek, comfortable, and LOUD with a crisp sound.

So how does it compare to the Logitech Mobile Freedom? Take a look...

So, what can it do?

Well with my SMT5600 both handsfree and headset profile functions work. Naturally it has all the standard features such as Turning On/Off, Recieve incoming call, Answer call, End call, Pairing mode, Voice Dialing, Mic Mute, Low Battery indications (Light and Sound), and Night Mode (Turn off the flashes but not the headset).Now there are also a few advanced features including 3-Way Call (release all held), 3-Way Call (Accept Awaiting and Release Active), 3-Way Call (Accept waiting, hold active, switch between waiting and active), 3-Way Call (Confrence call or add held to 3-Way). There are also the Handsfree supported options that work for my SMT5600 which include Last Number Redialed and Incoming Call Reject.

Whats the bottom line?Well I am giving this 5 of 5 stars only because I can't go higher, though in my personal opinion it is better than other headsets that share the same rating. It is very loud, and everyone I talked to didn't even know that I was on a phone let alone a BT Headset. I was able to communicate without issue while crusing down the highway at 75MPH without screaming, or straining to hear the other party. I highly recommend the Logitech Mobile Traveller, and those of you that have used the Mobile Freedom, just imagine it shrunken down and more crisp. The only time I experienced static or cracking is when I am talking on it and I stray into a different room than the phone.

From what I am hearing, they are now on sale at CompUSA, or you should be able to grab one from your prefered online store.  Suggested Retail is $79.99

Read More fromLogitech

--------------------
Eric Jones
Editor / Moderator
Mobile Gadget News
Staff Sergeant
United States Marine Corps, Infantry
Currently using an iPhone
My Gadget History : AT&T Tilt,
Cingular 3125, i-Mate Smartflip, G-Sat BT359W GPS, Parrot Rhythm n'Blue BT Car Stereo, Logitech Mobile Traveller, & ThinkOutside BT Keyboard
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
abatis
post Oct 14 2005, 01:35 PM
Post #2

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 626
Phone: Samsung i760
Carrier: Verizon
Secondary Carrier: Sprint
PocketPC: Other

This sounds like a headset worth trying. Most of my attempts with BT headsets (HS810 and HS820) left me disappointed. The biggest issue is how they flop around and do not sit securely in the ear. Hopefully this one feels/is secure. Based on your review I am going to give it a try.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN
MGN Making Your Windows Mobile Life Simpler

Main : Samsung i760 - Verizon

+Quote Post
stephman
post Oct 14 2005, 03:13 PM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,107
Phone: MPx220
Carrier: T-Mobile
PMC: Other

GrYph0n,
Can you comment on the feel of the fit on your ear.
I currently own and use the Logitech Mobile Freedom. Incoming and outgoing sound quality is excellent. The ONLY problem I have with the Mobile Freedom is it's "feel" on my ear. Granted I'm not trying to jog with it on, but it feels loose or floppy when wearing it.
From the pics you posted of the Logitech Mobile Traveller, it looks much more secure on your ear than the Mobile Freedom felt.

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Oct 18 2005, 09:10 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
Member No.: 1,045
Phone: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

I was able to get my Traveller today, and can say it fits very securly on the ear. I also had the Freedom, and it did feel a little loose and floppy at times. This one is very secure. I am very impressed with the Traveller, and really like it.

--------------------
Phone: Sprint Touch Pro

+Quote Post
stephman
post Oct 19 2005, 05:11 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Oct 18 2005, 04:10 PM)
I was able to get my Traveller today, and can say it fits very securly on the ear.  I also had the Freedom, and it did feel a little loose and floppy at times.  This one is very secure.  I am very impressed with the Traveller, and really like it.

Smeg36,
Thanks for the comments on the fit. Much Appreciated!
Good to hear that it fits better than the Mobile Freedom.

+Quote Post
abatis
post Oct 21 2005, 03:03 AM
Post #6

Site Administrator
Group Icon

My Logitech Traveller arrivewd today. I am impressed. I like the secure fit and it works great with the Samsung i730 Voice Signal voice command system. I just press the button once and I can voice dial or open an application. I never had that with the HS810 or 820. Nice.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Oct 21 2005, 03:08 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Abatis, have you noticed any cutting out with the Traveller and the i730? Not on your end, but the callers. I have noticed when I call and leave a message for myself, it will cut out a little bit. I don't know if it is just interference or the headset though. Other than that, it is an amazing headset. I'm loving it. It saved me today when I locked my keys, and phone, in the car. Luckily I had my headset. I just hit the multifunction button, told it to call my wife, and she was in a cab with the spare set of keys. Nice.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stephman
post Oct 22 2005, 11:01 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (smeg36 @ Oct 20 2005, 10:08 PM)
Abatis, have you noticed any cutting out with the Traveller and the i730?  Not on your end, but the callers.  I have noticed when I call and leave a message for myself, it will cut out a little bit.  I don't know if it is just interference or the headset though.  Other than that, it is an amazing headset.  I'm loving it.  It saved me today when I locked my keys, and phone, in the car.  Luckily I had my headset.  I just hit the multifunction button, told it to call my wife, and she was in a cab with the spare set of keys.  Nice.

LOL, nice save smeg!

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Oct 22 2005, 11:14 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

Yep, I was glad I put the headset on before I closed the door. It really saved me a lot of hassle. I have also done some more testing, leaving messages for myself, and it hasn't cut out again. I think my my phone was to blame, not the headset.

--------------------

+Quote Post
abatis
post Oct 23 2005, 01:56 PM
Post #10

Site Administrator
Group Icon

Smeg,

I have not had any cutting out with my Traveler. Now my only complaint was the microphone boom rotated to easily and would drop to a vertical postion. I think the headset fit all depends on each individual ear structure. GrYphon has the right ears to hang the traveler on out of the box. I don't. Anyway, I fixed this issue by taking a small rubber band and fitting it in the space between the boom and the ear piece. I rotated it to the position I wanted it and it stays. Now if my phone rings and my headset is not on I can quickly put it on and I don't fumble rotating the boom. I also think the headset could have used a lanyard eyelet. I kind of like hanging the thing when I am just walking around.

It works better with my phone than the HS820 - much better. Your taxi story is good.

Overall I think BT still has a ways to go as a technology. It is an OK technology not a good technology at this point.

--------------------
Editor/Administrator MGN

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Oct 23 2005, 03:40 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

I only had trouble with it cutting out the one day. I think the battery may have been low or something, but it hasn't done it again since. Your right on about the swivel being to free. The Freedom swiveled, but not this freely. I must have the right size ear as well though, when I put it on it won't swivel unless I make it. It won't move at all actually, no matter how hard I jerk my head around.

Bluetooth definitely had a way to go, but I still think it is a great technology. I hadn't realized how dependent on BT I have become until recently. I got an Unbranded HTC Tanager (SPV E100) that doesn't have BT. I had to completely adjust my syncing with my PC, the installation of programs, everything because it doesn't have BT.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Novasolan
post Apr 13 2006, 10:09 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 11,746

Hey, can anyone tell me what the diameter of the foam earpiece is?
I have had problems in the past with earpieces that were too large and became almost painful after moderate use. Other than that I'm liking what I've been hearing about this headset.

Thanks!
[NOVA]

+Quote Post
runningtiger
post Apr 13 2006, 11:36 PM
Post #13

Mobile Gadget Idol
Group Icon

Member No.: 11,486
Phone: HTC Wizard
Carrier: Alltel

I don't know anything about this Logitech that you're asking about, but can tell you if it turns out this one is too big, or, you just want another option...check out the Plantronics Discovery 640 BT headset. It comes with three different ear pieces. I thought I had small ears, but the small was too small for me. So, it might be just what you're looking for.

FYI: I should also ad it's THE BEST sounding headset I've ever experienced - corded or not. While driving down the highway (in a Jeep no less) I've had to turn it down a notch or two 'cuz it's plenty loud. In my normal car (which is one of the "luxury" models) I have the phone and the headset on their lowest volume settings. It's not just loud, it's very crisp. No problems understanding the person on the other end. I've noticed some other people's headsets sound "mushy". Sometimes I have to ask them to repeat 'cuz I just can't quite figure out what they've said - and, this is when I'm on the phone at home or at work (regular landlines). In fact, when I first got the Plantronics Discovery 640, I kept asking everyone "can you hear me", "how's it sound" etc. Everyone said they were surprised to hear I was talking on a headset. Most said it sounded like a landline.

Good luck!

--------------------
Devices: T-Mobile MDA (Cingular SIM), i-mate SP5m (sitting in a drawer at the moment while I attempt to migrate to PPC permanently), Cingular 3125 (unlocked and in use on T-Mobile), Motorola MPx220 (retired), Motorola MPx200 (retired)

Accessories: Plantronics Explorer 330 & 2G Patriot Micro-SD (use w/MDA), Kingston 2G mini-SD used in SP5m, Plantronics Discovery 640 & 2G San Disk micro-SD (use w/3125), Jabra A210 BT adapter + Motorola HS805 (retired)

+Quote Post
Jeremy
post Jun 7 2006, 02:24 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 12,408

Does any one have any problems with "static" or crackling? When I put my Motorola E815 in my pocket, i start to get "static". It is very frustrating because I really like the freedom, but that is just too limited of a range. Even if I hold the phone cupped in my hand, and put it right beside my head, it still does this static thing. Any suggestions?

+Quote Post
smeg36
post Jun 7 2006, 03:31 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Some headsets and phones don't work well together. The E815 and Traveller could just have conflicting BT stacks. I'm not real sure, I've only used WM phones.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:52 AM